Whisky

Aye, some things go for more than retail here as even with the cost of shipping they’re still cheaper than they would be for someone in Canada for example. SWA ships to a lot of places UK retailers won’t.

fair point....I’m thinking from a UK point of view :lol:

builds your hopes up when 4 or 5 days in very decent bottles are there for £20-25...I’m realising now it’s not just me who has stumbled across it and fully expect a realistic price to be established.

can hope though

fair point....I’m thinking from a UK point of view :lol:

builds your hopes up when 4 or 5 days in very decent bottles are there for £20-25...I’m realising now it’s not just me who has stumbled across it and fully expect a realistic price to be established.

can hope though

it tends to be a little like EBay where prices escalate a lot in the final few hours. There are still bargains to be had though, especially for the more unfashionable distilleries and blends.

it tends to be a little like EBay where prices escalate a lot in the final few hours. There are still bargains to be had though, especially for the more unfashionable distilleries and blends.

yes..I’m watching some Glenburgies, Blair Athol and Miltonduff Indy bottlings.

Not distilleries I would lean to even though i‘m aware of them.

all a learning curve this auction malarkey ;)

I've only tried the first batch of GoT bottles but the majority of people at the tasting I attended thought they were all fairly mediocre. You're better off saving your money for potential auction or other purchases , in my opinion.
I know what you mean, but I was tempted just so I could try the 9 yr old to see how it compares. £36 seemed to be a reasonable punt so I've ordered one.

For anyone wanting to try Oban Little Bay, the GoT bottle is £36. Normally see it for £50-ish.

I know what you mean, but I was tempted just so I could try the 9 yr old to see how it compares. £36 seemed to be a reasonable punt so I've ordered one.

For anyone wanting to try Oban Little Bay, the GoT bottle is £36. Normally see it for £50-ish.

also a big reduction on the GOT Mortlach 15 as wel

also a big reduction on the GOT Mortlach 15 as wel
Strange one that though. Can't see where they're getting the inflated £120 starting price from for Mortlach 15?

Anybody whisky gurus who can shed a light on it for me?

I wouldn't have thought that the reduced price was much of a bargain really.

Strange one that though. Can't see where they're getting the inflated £120 starting price from for Mortlach 15?

Anybody whisky gurus who can shed a light on it for me?

I wouldn't have thought that the reduced price was much of a bargain really.

Probably purely due to the packaging. The OB 16yo is around half that price.

not a GOT fan or indeed a fan of themed malt releases...but this is the lowest I've ever seen Lagavulin.
Might be worth it for those wanting to give Lagavulin a go.

The Clynelish GOT looks tempting at £37 ish ( bottled at 51%)
That's lovely, bargain n'all it was originally £65. You can tell it's Lagavulin by the smoke however it's quite sweet too, I thoroughly enjoyed it, may invest at this price

Back