Whisky

yeah...they have cabinets full of stuff..as well as a room full of beer

good range of of all spirits..not just the usual stuff you find in supermarkets
Aye that's the one. Saw a lovely looking single malt for £110, but settled on the bourbon for £27. Very good range they had mind.

I know loads on here don't like The Scotch, but are there any whisky lovers out there?

I'm partial to Ardbeg, but have a taste for most of it to be fair.

What's your New Year dram of choice?
Have to be honest, I do enjoy a whisky every now and then. I tend to be gifted more than I buy though. At the moment I have Gentleman Jack in my office which goes down nicely.

Me too, I got a couple of bottles after I heard a rumour that it was teaspooned Clynelish. Having tasted it I'm extremely sceptical that it is, though if it is the spirit has been overwhelmed by the cask.
I think it's got an excellent nose but very unusual on the pallet maybe that is the wood taking over a bit like you mentioned.

Order arrived very quickly from The Whisky Broker...well packaged also.
Sent the wrong bottle unfortunately so rang them and very apologetic...I did say if it was too much hassle for them or me I’d keep what they sent ( a 28 year old Glen Grant rather than my 8 yr old Glen Garioch) ;) :lol:

Sent the wrong bottle unfortunately so rang them and very apologetic...I did say if it was too much hassle for them or me I’d keep what they sent ( a 28 year old Glen Grant rather than my 8 yr old Glen Garioch) ;) :lol:
canny swap !

I'd have said nout :lol:

Cabernet Sauvignon. Not one of my favourites previously but it won’t put me off buying a few bottles.
Do you keep any as collectors?

I've got my makers mark 46 today and it's really nice, sweet smell and lovely aftertaste, I haven't had it before but it's definitely something I'll have again.

Back