Whisky

I can't find one in stock anywhere

There’s always an immediate rush when they’re first released. Most of the smaller online stores haven’t listed them yet. I got my bottles from Cadenhead Campbeltown - they don’t have an online store so may still have some stock if you give them a ring.
Drinking Edradour 12 last night.
Lovely drop of stuff! 🥃

Edradour is great for sherried whisky.

Last edited:
Aye, I like using Tyndrum.

Here's a nice one Wakey, comes with two glasses for £40 including shipping:

I did a search for this gift pack and a few sites bring up a different looking bottle. Same whisky, different packaging?

Logon or register to see this image

if you sup them all in one sitting I’d advise drinking the chinquapin oak finish last - it’s dominant.

At half a measure not sure it'll be that dominant... 😕

This is it side by side with a Glen Scotia sample which I'd just emptied and measured it as I did, it was full to the brim and weighed in at a mighty 27ml.

I reckon I'll be lucky if there's 15ml in the chinquapin.

Just found out I was unsuccessful on all of the BTAC bottles btw, how did you get on?

At half a measure not sure it'll be that dominant... 😕

This is it side by side with a Glen Scotia sample which I'd just emptied and measured it as I did, it was full to the brim and weighed in at a mighty 27ml.

I reckon I'll be lucky if there's 15ml in the chinquapin.

Just found out I was unsuccessful on all of the BTAC bottles btw, how did you get on?

Doh! I can send you a sample of you wish? I’ve not heard anything at all from MoM about the samples or bottles.

Doh! I can send you a sample of you wish? I’ve not heard anything at all from MoM about the samples or bottles.
That's very kind of you mate but at least my other samples from Glenallachie are full, 15ml should be enough for me to swish round my gums at least once so don't trouble yourself 😂 Thanks for the offer though mate 👍
There’s always an immediate rush when they’re first released. Most of the smaller online stores haven’t listed them yet. I got my bottles from Cadenhead Campbeltown - they don’t have an online store so may still have some stock if you give them a ring.

Can you order for delivery over the phone from Cadenhead?

Last edited:
Yes - that’s what I do. You can either pay over the phone directly or have them email you a payment link. You can’t buy cage bottles unless you physically go to the shop, however.
Good to know. They had an awesome Kilkerran beanie hat when I was instore, wished I'd picked one up with the cold weather setting in. Wonder if they'd send that out to me? 🤔

Good to know. They had an awesome Kilkerran beanie hat when I was instore, wished I'd picked one up with the cold weather setting in. Wonder if they'd send that out to me? 🤔

My missus bought one with a pom-pom on it. She has a hazelburn one too I think. Whenever we go into distillery shops she ignores the bottles and goes straight for the tat.

Final Campbeltown festival tasting of the week tonight, including a px cask Springbank - something I’ve never seen, never mind tasted before.

Back