Which Hikes or climbs do you have planned?

Safer on bolts and less gear required. Once your in the sunshine and graggs you won't care about Langdale.
Out here now. Spent the first couple of nights in Kyparissi and now in Leonidio. Had a good first day at a crag called Hideout near Kyparissi - great steep climbing with lots of tufa formations. Pleased with a first day of 6a/6b for 68yr-old 😁.
All in all I still don't really feel part of the sport climbing vibe. It's great fun and so accessible and allows you to push yourself in a safe environment. But it still feels to me like an outdoor climbing wall. Nowt wrong with that but it's really a completely different game to trad climbing (I can never get used to that term - when I was a lad it was called climbing).

Out here now. Spent the first couple of nights in Kyparissi and now in Leonidio. Had a good first day at a crag called Hideout near Kyparissi - great steep climbing with lots of tufa formations. Pleased with a first day of 6a/6b for 68yr-old 😁.
All in all I still don't really feel part of the sport climbing vibe. It's great fun and so accessible and allows you to push yourself in a safe environment. But it still feels to me like an outdoor climbing wall. Nowt wrong with that but it's really a completely different game to trad climbing (I can never get used to that term - when I was a lad it was called climbing).
:lol::lol:I bet you wouldn't do 6a/6b on Trad climbing, still canny for your age though.

I spent my youth in Borrowdale, hiring climbing gear form the Derwent Centre (that wouldn't be heard of nowadays).

I developed into top roping, sports climbing in the 90's, climbing in North Wales, Portland Bill, Tenerife and Spain.

Have a class time climbing in Greece.

Just finished the last day of my week climbing in that Greece. Off for beer now & heading home tomorrow. Ferk me, I'm knackered, my hands are ripped to shreds, and I only fell off once 👍

Fairfield Horseshoe today ❄️.....planned on detouring off to grab Seat Sandal as well but by the time I got up to Fairfield it was a whiteout and blowing a gale so thought better of it. Hopefully will get out one more time by the end of the year.

First outing of the year, cracking in the snow

Back