Which Hikes or climbs do you have planned?

Finished Pennine Way last week. Last 2 stretches Byrness to Windy Gyle and Windy Gyle to Kirk Yetholm were tough going, wet, dull and misty and boggy as hell.

Just booked flights for a week's sport climbing around Leonidio on mainland Greece in a couple of weeks and another 10 days on Kalymnos next spring. I've never climbed in Greece before - can anyone advise on what to expect? - I'm sure it will be a blast but being a miserable old git I'm worried I get there and think "pfft I'd rather be in Langdale" 🥲

Just booked flights for a week's sport climbing around Leonidio on mainland Greece in a couple of weeks and another 10 days on Kalymnos next spring. I've never climbed in Greece before - can anyone advise on what to expect? - I'm sure it will be a blast but being a miserable old git I'm worried I get there and think "pfft I'd rather be in Langdale" 🥲
Safer on bolts and less gear required. Once your in the sunshine and graggs you won't care about Langdale.

Excellent stuff. Just added you on strava, Craig m, if you don't mind.
Did 6? (I think) wainwright's today in Northern fells. Was very very boggy in parts, I'd avoid for a bit!
Nice one , followed back. Aye I was slipping and sliding a lot today....but upto 140 Wainwrights. Planned all the rest of my routes out, 14 more trips and they'll all be done!

Nice one , followed back. Aye I was slipping and sliding a lot today....but upto 140 Wainwrights. Planned all the rest of my routes out, 14 more trips and they'll all be done!
Wow that's brilliant. Good planning mate, I'm going to follow your progress ( and probably nick some of your walks 😀😀)
Me and pup were walking a not great boggy track today. Dog suddenly went in a deep bog and upto her neck and sinking. I had to go to try to get her out and suddenly I dropped in upto my armpits !!! If you think of the vicar of dibley puddle sketch it was like that, but just black sludge. Never happened before. Quite scary to be honest as once got dog out struggled to get out. Would have been very funny if someone had filmed it like 😆

Wow that's brilliant. Good planning mate, I'm going to follow your progress ( and probably nick some of your walks 😀😀)
Me and pup were walking a not great boggy track today. Dog suddenly went in a deep bog and upto her neck and sinking. I had to go to try to get her out and suddenly I dropped in upto my armpits !!! If you think of the vicar of dibley puddle sketch it was like that, but just black sludge. Never happened before. Quite scary to be honest as once got dog out struggled to get out. Would have been very funny if someone had filmed it like 😆

Cheers I'm just following the Walking Englishman page, but drawing the maps out myself on All Trails as some of his ones aren't that accurate. Only been doing 1 or 2 or month so I'm looking having them mopped up by June/July 2023. Yes I had a similar experience near the Cheviot, just walking along and suddenly dropped into a mud puddle chest high....had a slight panic before I managed to claw myself out 😅

That's really impressive mate, will definitely nick some. I'm only upto 40 but going to just keeping ticking them off. Do you share your walks on alltrails too.?
Aye I've just added you on All Trails mate, feel free to look at my activities and nick some routes, I occasionally take a wrong turn here and there but they're pretty bang on....I've only been using it since January so not all of my walks are on.

Aye I've just added you on All Trails mate, feel free to look at my activities and nick some routes, I occasionally take a wrong turn here and there but they're pretty bang on....I've only been using it since January so not all of my walks are on.
Brilliant thanks mate. Had a quick look and will definitely be stealing some of them.. all the distances about my cup of tea too so that's awesome. I often search on alltrails for ideas and they are too short to warrant driving over there so these are superb. Thank you mate.

Back