Where are you not going this summer hols

Status
Not open for further replies.
we didn't go to portugal at easter, unlikely we'll be going in june but hopeful to be there in september and perhaps november.
in case the flights aren't on i've been looking at google maps and it used to say the roads at the borders were closed but some aren't this morning.

This time next week we should be at the airport waiting to board a flight to Tobago.
we have a long weekend n Verona booked for 1st August, it is looking more possible that that might happen, but the opera has been cancelled and they won’t give refunds, so we will have to go back next year to use the tickets.

in October we have a week in Corfu, that is looking ok as it stands.

I was going to go to Seoul and then Tokyo for the olympics.
Haven;t had my flights or hotels cancelled or refunded but hoping it officially gets cancelled soon!

Had 6 grand saved up to buy a camper van anarl this year. Didn't seem any point in buying it cos I couldn't really gan anywhere. Carrying on saving and getting a £10k one next year now.

Lanzarote second week in March, didnt go but got compo for return flight as it was 4 days Delayed.
Corsica was the main plan. Can’t see owt happening this year.
Had 6 grand saved up to buy a camper van anarl this year. Didn't seem any point in buying it cos I couldn't really gan anywhere. Carrying on saving and getting a £10k one next year now.
That’s our plan for retirement. Doing Med islands while still working as ferries cost a fortune so we’ll just dodge around mainland Europe for months on end when retired. Can’t wait.

Last edited:
Lanzarote second week in March, didnt go but got compo for return flight as it was 4 days Delayed.
Corsica was the main plan. Can’t see owt happening this year.

That’s our plan for retirement. Doing Med islands while still working as ferries cost a fortune so we’ll just dodge around mainland Europe for months on end when retired. Can’t wait.

Get a decent VW T25 for £10k. Do a years touring then sell it on. Look after it and you'll near enough get your money back.

Get a decent VW T25 for £10k. Do a years touring then sell it on. Look after it and you'll near enough get your money back.
That was the plan for France98WC. 6 gonna chip in for one from what was then the unofficial backpackers combi market on Liverpool Rd, Islington on Sunday mornings. Have a month ower there then sell it on returning. Free holiday basically, fuel and maintenance apart.
Out of about 15 who were mad keen it ended up as 4. Of which I was the only driver and the nearest thing to a mechanic. Fuck that. Didn’t do it. Certainly will in the future.
Just remembered we were gonna get two initially as everyone was so keen.......in the pub.

Last edited:
We're not going on a trip to the Olympics, been planning it for about 4 years. Had just about everything sorted and would have been absolutely brilliant. Not very happy but more sad is the number of people who have died.

I wasn't going abroad but I've missed a weekend at Centerparcs at the end of March. Got another one booked for the end of November. No guarantee I'll be going to that one either.

That was the plan for France98WC. 6 gonna chip in for one from what was then the unofficial backpackers combi market on Liverpool Rd, Islington on Sunday mornings. Have a month ower there then sell it on returning. Free holiday basically, fuel and maintenance apart.
Out of about 15 who were mad keen it ended up as 4. Of which I was the only driver and the nearest thing to a mechanic. Fuck that. Didn’t do it. Certainly will in the future.
Just remembered we were gonna get two initially as everyone was so keen.......in the pub.

The England cricket team have got a ODI series in the Netherlands in May 2021. Might get one and use that as a bit of a tester.

Got back from Canada the week before the lockdowns started, so at least got that holiday in.
still hope to ski in Oz in a few months if they can sort out how to social distance at a ski resort.
might get to byron bay later on in the year as well

was Albufeira in June for us
Got a caravan down Hunstanton in Norfolk .
Hoping to get down there sometime in August.
There is an excellent spice museum there if you've not been. I also know of a cracking owl sanctuary nearby too.

Was supposed to be flying to Alicante tomorrow morning and staying Magic Natura outside Benidorm. Was just looking at photos from last time we were there. Gutted.

Still got a ferry booked to Holland in July. Assuming that probably won't go ahead. If caravan parks can open back up in July I'll be happy to just stay at mine in N. Yorks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back