Where are you not going this summer hols

Status
Not open for further replies.

We had booked a large country house near Pitlochry and were going with extended family. It’s been a few years since I’ve had a holiday in Scotland and even longer since all the family have been together. It’s booked for August, so there is still a slim chance, although this diminishes week on week.

Planned a month in Italy then we were considering couple of weeks in Side, Turkey during September. Luckily hadn't gotten as far as booking anything so no drama

I just remembered, a load of us had bought tickets and booked a cottage for the Keswick beer festival that has been cancelled. Tickets for the festival are valid for 2021, but we are having a right chew on getting the air b&b money back.

Supposed to be going to Croatia on the 20th May. London for 4 days in June.

All cancelled. We lost our dog in February so as a family decided to get another which we pick up next month so no holidays this summer.

Might look for a week away in a dog friendly cottage or lodge in this country later in the year.

SW France as we do each August to stay with in laws ( not completely written off yet as we drive and tunnel more likely than flights)
September Altea cycling holiday ( still a very slight chance but doubtful)

already lost Mallorca Easter cycling, Islay lads trip and September lads cycling/piss up trip

Scheme of things trivial obviously

banking loads of leave at work

We didn't go to Egypt 10 days ago. TUI still haven't tipped up the nearly £1,100 they owe us despite saying they would within 28 days over a month ago.

We paid a deposit for Kos back end of September in early February, again with TUI. The 2nd payment is almost 3 weeks overdue. I owe just shy of £1,100 in total.

It should be nice and easy to pay off but they couldn't transfer the money from one holiday to the other a month ago and now I'm struggling to get in touch. I'll try yet again this morning.

Ibiza 1st August.
New York 8th October.

Tried to contact Jet2 to rearrange Ibiza for the same time next year. Their phone lines are closed and they are contacting customers by their departure date to discuss options. My main fear is that the holiday goes ahead but it is essentially impossible to go on meaning I’ll lose all my money.

Booked New York through Expedia. Flights and hotel are both the non-refundable options. Again, I fear I will lose all my money.

Supposed to be in Ibiza now. Would be just starting our second week.

Glad we got a week in the lakes beginning of the year just before it all kicked off. We took my 92yr old gran and that’s the last time she’s seen the kids as she is isolating :neutral:. We got back the weekend everyone starting stockpiling big rolls.

Orlando at the end of July. Hopefully the flight is cancelled so I get a refund otherwise I'm kissing goodbye to 4 grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back