When will masks hopefully cease to exist?

I won't complain, but just as businesses have to prioritise their profits, I have to prioritise my health. I don't think every business is full of spluttering tinfoilers, but in all honesty the behaviour of a sizeable minority during the pandemic and their sheer lack of concern for anyone with more health problems than themselves has made me realise I don't want to share any sort of social space with them. I can pick and choose pubs and restaurants that I'm pretty sure those types won't frequent, but I'd rather just swerve the likes of supermarkets and shopping centres going forward.
100% you have to prioritise your own health, and I wouldn't criticise anyone for picking and choosing where they went on that basis - there are plenty of places I won't go, and that dates to pre-Covid, because off the type of loons who frequent them.

As for shopping centres, my idea of hell on Earth is wandering aimlessly around something like the Metrocentre, so I always try to avoid those type of places where I can. I hated it pre-Covid - can't comprehend how bad it must be now with having to wear a mask and 'social distancing' in place.

I know some local luncheon and day groups are refusing unvaccinated visitors and are asking all those on their transport to wear masks whilst on the bus.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I personally wouldn't describe anyone as 'ugly' - it's all relative imo
You'd make an exception with me...just to add that no woman has ever worried what I look like. But you're right of course, we grow up being taught how to reference good looks, but beauty...well I've had some truly profound conversations on that one.

Last edited:
You'd make an exception with me...just to add that no woman has ever worried what I look like. But you're right of course, we grow up being taught how to reference good looks, but beauty...well I've had some truly profound conversations on the subject.
I'm sure i wouldn't (make an exception).
Anyway - i dont care what i look like , it's not me that has to look at my face.

Possibly seb, but after the sars breakout in the 2000s (along with all the pollution), they’re remained pretty commonly worn in some parts of Asia. Don’t think it will fully die out and I’m all for it to be fair, if people want to take precautions to stop themselves and other people getting sick then fair play.

Possibly seb, but after the sars breakout in the 2000s (along with all the pollution), they’re remained pretty commonly worn in some parts of Asia. Don’t think it will fully die out and I’m all for it to be fair, if people want to take precautions to stop themselves and other people getting sick then fair play.
The Japanese have worn masks from late 19th century and even more so since 1919 flu pandemic.

I don't get why people think it's such an issue.
I personally will continue to wear one where I think it's appropriate, regardless of what the government or anyone else says.
Independence of thought may cause some to doubt your sanity, and eventually their own 👍
Might have to re-think that exception
🤮😜
I was referencing you as you said you don't have to look at your own face, like making out you didn't wash or shave.

Some things just don't work in text :mad:

Last edited:
Independence of thought may cause some to doubt your sanity, and eventually their own 👍

I was referencing you as you said you don't have to look at your own face, like making out you didn't wash or shave.

Some things just don't work in text :mad:
Oh right.
I was responding more to the 'ugly' topic.

Back