When will masks hopefully cease to exist?

Hbk69

Winger
April I reckon, only the weirdos will continue, even then it will slowly die out to nothing and back to normality quickly.

I honestly don't think they will when I see people walking out in the streets with them on and when I mean that I mean big open spaces, also folk driving on their own with them on. I think folk have had fear drummed into them that much, it will be difficult for many to "get back to normal".
Where is this?!

Where is this?!
See it all over to be honest people walking in the streets with masks on and I don't mean built up areas like a city centre. Saw one person walking past Durham Johnson School the other day, not a soul about yet he's walking down the street with a mask on.... As for folk driving in their cars with them on, I see that on a daily basis all over the region. Each to their own I guess but I don't ever see these people giving them up as in my view they're living in fear. Remember going through to Sacriston a while ago (October I think) and someone was walking down towards Durham City from the County Hall direction, streets quiet, mask on, waking and trying to read the newspaper at the same time... I mean haway man!!

Last edited:
See it all over to be honest people walking in the streets with masks on and I don't mean built up areas like a city centre. Saw one person walking past Durham Johnson School the other day, not a soul about yet he's walking down the street with a mask on.... As for folk driving in their cars with them on, I see that on a daily basis all over the region. Each to their own I guess but I don't ever see these people giving them up as in my view they're living in fear. Remember going through to Sacriston a while ago (October I think) and someone was walking down towards Durham City from the County Hall direction, streets quiet, mask on, waking and trying to read the newspaper at the same time... I mean haway man!!
Johnston

Think they will feel like a comfort blanket to many people. It's like when Petr Cech had that blow to the head he never played another game without a protective head gear, even though he didn't really need it but felt more secure using it anyway.

Last edited:

You're not supposed to keep putting them on and taking them off again. People in cars could be reps, carers, etc., driving between calls who have been instructed to keep the mask on until they are finished their shift. According to health and safety documents, I'm supposed put mine on in a morning and keep it on even when I'm on my own in my car. If I'm doing several calls on foot, I will pop it on when I leave the car and then walk around outside with it on to save keep taking it off and putting it on at each call.

I don't understand why they'd ever go. Absolutely each to their own, but I don't have an issue wearing them and I've not had as much as a cold in 2 years now. Surely, as seemed to be recognised in South East Asia post SARS, there are health benefits wider than just COVID-19.

That said, got a huge throbbing spot on my nose where the mask sits.

I honestly don't think they will when I see people walking out in the streets with them on and when I mean that I mean big open spaces, also folk driving on their own with them on. I think folk have had fear drummed into them that much, it will be difficult for many to "get back to normal".
I sometimes have mine on when driving, just forget that I have it on though, rather than wanting to wear it. Haven't worn one much at all this time around though in general, just forget to take one and then don't bother.

They don't bother me in terms of wearing, just remembering the bloody things.

just on mask wearing, I would say that in the metro centre yesterday it was about 60/40 in favour of wearing a mask and the place was pretty busy.

Last edited:

Back