When will football decide enough is enough?

Who’s jealous?
Loads of people. All the whining about footballers wages,its total bitterness and jealousy. Instead of thinking well done on being so good at your job you earn so much, people slate them. Working class lads doing well for themselves and they're despised for it. It's pure jealousy.

Loads of people. All the whining about footballers wages,its total bitterness and jealousy. Instead of thinking well done on being so good at your job you earn so much, people slate them. Working class lads doing well for themselves and they're despised for it. It's pure jealousy.
I haven’t got a jealous bone in my body mate, if someone earns a mint in any walk of life I don’t begrudge them a single penny, unless they’re defrauding! If you read my OP, I just think football as we once knew has become a sesspit of greed and is so far detached from where it should be. Most fans are unable to relate to their players on any level these days. I just find it sad really.

The sad thing about this thread is the amount of posters that accept the absolute craziness that plagues football nowadays, regarding the fact that a footballer can earn £1M a week for kicking a football anyone who thinks this is acceptable is part of the problem.

If the game is awash with money why shouldn't the stars earn the most? There's not many on a million a week. It's probably less than 10.

The sad thing about this thread is the amount of posters that accept the absolute craziness that plagues football nowadays, regarding the fact that a footballer can earn £1M a week for kicking a football anyone who thinks this is acceptable is part of the problem.
In a capitalist system it's always gonna happen. Those that generate money get a huge slice of that money.
Thankfully the majority of the population are centre to centre left so we have a tax system which rightfully takes a chunk of people's wages so our society can function.

In a capitalist system it's always gonna happen. Those that generate money get a huge slice of that money.
Thankfully the majority of the population are centre to centre left so we have a tax system which rightfully takes a chunk of people's wages so our society can function.

Just think of the tax paid into society by a premier league footballer on a million a week. He's contributing more in a year than the average bloke will pay in his working life. Yet they still get a hard time.

Just think of the tax paid into society by a premier league footballer on a million a week. He's contributing more in a year than the average bloke will pay in his working life. Yet they still get a hard time.
They’ll have their own companies which the money is paid into and will be paying probs only 20%. Where surgeons who get paid just over 100k will be getting hit with 40%+

They’ll have their own companies which the money is paid into and will be paying probs only 20%. Where surgeons who get paid just over 100k will be getting hit with 40%+
Have you any evidence of this?

Even it is "only" 20%, it's still 200k a week in tax. Canny wedge to HMRC

A year? Some players earn in a month what someone gets in a lifetime before tax. A bloke starting at £25k a year and getting a 2% pay rise each year over 40 years will earn £1.5m, earning £54k in his final year. De Bruyne gets £20m a year which is £1.67m. Obviously he pays the higher tax rate so it may take 2 months but it's not just wages players get, they get income from other channels such as sponsorship, adverts, boots deals, image rights etc. Though image rights used to a way to fiddle tax though it's been tightened up a bit now by the looks of things.

Aye they pay plenty tax but the fact for me is that they get paid obscene amounts and over 8 or so weeks, even after tax, with all the wages and extras they earn what a bloke grafting his knackers off working 40 hours a week for 40 years gets. There's also the fact that some of the plodders, although not on the big money still earn more in a few months than the bloke grafting 40 years. Even that fucker Rodwell got £2m a season at SAFC years ago and look at the effort he put in! Yet we hear managers moaning about too many games etc but how much of that is because they want to keep the best players for the games that matter and make the most money?

Never

free market capitalism. The fans lap it up. Whilst paying a £100 a ticket at some grounds for one single game
Spot on. Only a tiny percentage would bother to make a stand. Plus i think most of the money comes from foreign shores these days before people decide on boycotting tv.

A year? Some players earn in a month what someone gets in a lifetime before tax. A bloke starting at £25k a year and getting a 2% pay rise each year over 40 years will earn £1.5m, earning £54k in his final year. De Bruyne gets £20m a year which is £1.67m. Obviously he pays the higher tax rate so it may take 2 months but it's not just wages players get, they get income from other channels such as sponsorship, adverts, boots deals, image rights etc. Though image rights used to a way to fiddle tax though it's been tightened up a bit now by the looks of things.

Aye they pay plenty tax but the fact for me is that they get paid obscene amounts and over 8 or so weeks, even after tax, with all the wages and extras they earn what a bloke grafting his knackers off working 40 hours a week for 40 years gets. There's also the fact that some of the plodders, although not on the big money still earn more in a few months than the bloke grafting 40 years. Even that fucker Rodwell got £2m a season at SAFC years ago and look at the effort he put in! Yet we hear managers moaning about too many games etc but how much of that is because they want to keep the best players for the games that matter and make the most money?

Aye. It's mindblowing sums.

No point worrying about it imo. Been that was for years and will continue to be that way. Some people just earn way more than others in life. Good luck to anybody earning loads

I just don't see how we could ever hope to compete at the top anymore.

We used to be a sleeping giant. I don't think we're even that anymore.

Yeah we could have a freak season or two where we make the top 4 but we will never be able to sustain it.

It's not a sport anymore really is it.

Which, to be honest, is why I am in no hurry for Sunderland to reach the Premiership right now.

Yes its where the money is but let's be honest, we would be propping up five to seven teams really, or worse.

The disparity is horrific

If it's not acceptable, are you doing anything about it?

But if you asked the supporters who went to Wembley to choose between watching the match or letting somebody saving another iersins life, 99.9% would choose the life. We might not see the life saving, but it doesn’t mean it’s not valuable to us.
Speaking of the mis-placed Wembley Money Greed Farm both clubs
requested more tickets. Both were turned down by the Wembley Money Greed Farm. The FA or EFL (God knows which) took no action. That extra money could have been passed to lower league clubs or to schools. Mind that would involved effort by the blazer club.

Back