When will football decide enough is enough?

Salah will earn £52m over 3 years (and he's not anywhere near the highest paid players) and whilst I don't begrudge him receiving it (as Liverpool are willing to pay it), a surgeon who performs life saving surgery on children, us and who knows maybe Salah one day won't even earn 1% of that over 3 years.
You're making the mistake of comparing someone in the top 0.01% of his profession, Salah, who also operates in a global open market, with a general surgeon who is one of thousands and in the UK, working in a local closed market. Now compare with the richest surgeons and doctors in places like the USA - some are billionaires.

Wage cap and a draft system for available players and young talent coming through.
Couldn’t work. There’s way to many other options.

It works in some sports because the rest of the world can’t compete with the NHL and NFL for example.
If the PL or the EFL had a salary cap then players would just move to Spain, Italy, Germany or China.
The youth set up is already too big to change it to a draft system. Maybe they could set it up and run it in the background and not allow clubs to have a youth set up going forward, but what compensation would the clubs need for each player they currently have?

I'm not sure what's stopping anybody (with a smartphone) from going to home games "at the last minute."

Are you saying that you don't have a smartphone, with which to buy a last minute ticket?

Or us or the professional footballer from becoming a surgeon?🤔😂

Best not to get dort on ya new short! 😉
You answered it yourself. “With a smart phone”. Grow up. I’m saying it’s not like the days of the 70s and 80s where there was no dodgy streams , no need for digital ticketing, just turn up, pay your ten bob and in

away is the same, none of these member points required, you made a decision either on the Friday night, or Saturday depending on the distance to travel

so try and actually read eh? That was my point, you missed completely, with an attempt to ridicule

100k don't want to watch a surgeon performing life saving operations in a stadium.
If a surgeon could play football to a world class standard he wouldn't be a surgeon.
The point is, is a footballer worth 1million a week as compared to a surgeon getting no where near that. I think you will find the vast majority of people will say top footballers are vastly overpaid, at least ten times more than their worth. The football authorities and the TV giants have created a monster. Clubs are no longer about the fans at all, it's all about money, it's out of control and the authorities show no sign of doing anything about it, the fans pay the price.

People don’t want to pay extra tax for doctors and nurses, yet they are quite happy to be ripped off by Sky and BT.
This.
Sky put up subscriptions a tenner a month,there's small mutterings of discontent.
Extra tenner in tax to pay for more NHS staff, ructions.

Couldn’t work. There’s way to many other options.

It works in some sports because the rest of the world can’t compete with the NHL and NFL for example.
If the PL or the EFL had a salary cap then players would just move to Spain, Italy, Germany or China.
The youth set up is already too big to change it to a draft system. Maybe they could set it up and run it in the background and not allow clubs to have a youth set up going forward, but what compensation would the clubs need for each player they currently have?
Isn’t there an inscrutable world governing body whose job it is to ensure continuity and consistency across the world game? Surely that’s what they are there for.

We've all been saying the same for years and the answer is never. Teams all want to be part of the gravy train, want to buy the best players they can afford and whilst TV money and dodgy owners are allowed, then there's no limit to how far it will go.

The point is, is a footballer worth 1million a week as compared to a surgeon getting no where near that. I think you will find the vast majority of people will say top footballers are vastly overpaid, at least ten times more than their worth. The football authorities and the TV giants have created a monster. Clubs are no longer about the fans at all, it's all about money, it's out of control and the authorities show no sign of doing anything about it, the fans pay the price.
The fansalso pay the wages.

You answered it yourself. “With a smart phone”. Grow up. I’m saying it’s not like the days of the 70s and 80s...

so try and actually read eh? That was my point, you missed completely, with an attempt to ridicule

Sorry mate. There was no attempt to ridicule. It was a genuine comment/question in relation to home games, given that you said, "the days of deciding at the last minute to go to the match are over..."

My point is that (as long as you have a smartphone) it's still easy to decide to go to a home game at the last minute.

Sorry mate. There was no attempt to ridicule. It was a genuine comment/question in relation to home games, given that you said, "the days of deciding at the last minute to go to the match are over..."

My point is that (as long as you have a smartphone) it's still easy to decide to go to a home game at the last minute.
Agreed. Id just got up and I’m a miserable sod when I’m a bit poorly and can’t eat.

sorry

A Ferrari car salesman earns more than a Ford dealership salesman.

I wonder why???

Maybe the amount of money he generates for the business is greater.

Back