When Newcastle nearly won the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

At the time many people round here (York) just didn't want Man U to win the title so when a northern team started looking like beating them to it they started to claim them as their "second team". I'm sure this has a lot to do with this idea, a wish for Man U to lose it rather than Newcastle winning it.
They were lonely days as a Sunlun fan round here but fate conspired to prevent a travesty.

Their glory days of winning nowt :lol:

....aye, them wer the days!!!

Another decade of failure. Normal service up there.

If this forum was around in those days I guarantee a pic of the fan with 'champions 96' on the back of his shirt would have brought great mirth.

Some company probably had thousands, sorry millions, made up ready for the expected moment?

Ho Ho Ho....Ho well, next time?

Don't care what anyone says, would have been some very nervous times surely

Very nervous times a few months earlier as they kept winning, then the wheels came off just at the right moment!

Last edited:
....aye, them wer the days!!!

Another decade of failure. Normal service up there.

Some company probably had thousands, sorry millions, made up ready for the expected moment?

Ho Ho Ho....Ho well, next time?

Very nervous times a few months earlier as they kept winning, then the wheels came off just at the right moment!

Bet the relief was something else mind

I guess it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

It was horrible at school in their sir bobby days playing in the champions league and finishing in the top 4 etc.. fat little gravy stained mag lads at school always took the piss and i tried to say that Phillips was as good as shearer and they just laughed and laughed and laughed
Is that the Bobby Robson you lot spat at? And is that Kevin Phillips who won the golden boot? :lol::lol:

Did poppins ever " eat his hat?"

I was working with a load of mags at the time, the constant smirking on their faces post xmas made me almost suicidal. Witnessing it all unravel and the smirks slowly turn into f***ing tears was bliss.

Bet the relief was something else mind

That was unreal after pretty much accepting the cnts had it won!

On the night when mag Fenton scored for B'burn....... I'm not religious but I thanked the lord for saving me years of grief. I especially enjoyed the inquests about how & why another failure arose after having it won.

They had a very good team, they won the square route of fuck all, and probably never will.

They had a good effective forward thinking team, good job Keegan forgot about playing a defence.

Last edited:
People I'd known for years with no connection to the mags suddenly started taking an interest in them.
That and an uncontrollable urge to pipe off dogs for baccy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back