When Newcastle nearly won the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the feeling amongst SAFC supporters?

This message board and Social Media wouldn't have been around so there wouldn't have been many Mags kicking about bragging and being unbearable unless you actually physically spoke to them.

I think if it were to happen these days it would be utterly unbearable.
Aye, one of em even pretended to be a Leicester fan for two seasons. any how, "what goes around etc".

I can’t remember the actions or feelings of Sunderland fans at that time to be honest. I remember there being a feeling of natural jealousy but that’s about it.
I can’t remember us rubbing it in too much with us being worlds apart at the time.
Man U were our rivals at the time so Sunderland didn’t feature too much.

I can’t remember the actions or feelings of Sunderland fans at that time to be honest. I remember there being a feeling of natural jealousy but that’s about it.
I can’t remember us rubbing it in too much with us being worlds apart at the time.
Man U were our rivals at the time so Sunderland didn’t feature too much.

:lol: condescending bastard ya.

What a wonderful season. What football is all about.
The Liverpool away game is one of those games now where despite the outcome you feel grateful to have been at. Same as Leeds away on the Easter Monday. Remember winning and still thinking we had a chance, got a phone call of the old man saying the messiah has just lost the plot on sky and reality kicking in that he had lost the plot.
With age and hindsight I can now look back on that season with nothing but happy memories. I loved it from hammering spurs on day 1 to the massive arse fall out at the end.
It was classic messiah and I’ll love the man umtil the day I meet my maker.

That season still hurts like a bastard for me, don't think I'll ever get over it.

I was at Liverpool, Leeds and Forest but watched Blackburn on the telly.........I haven't watched us play live on the box since.

That season still hurts like a bastard for me, don't think I'll ever get over it.

I was at Liverpool, Leeds and Forest but watched Blackburn on the telly.........I haven't watched us play live on the box since.
That Blackburn game was a killer like. I have never seen a more one sided game go tits up.. Still remember the keeper in the interview "bottle blah blah bottle" the figging twig. Tim Flowers weren't it?

Mags coming on a Sunderland board to claim they're not bothered that they didn't win the league :lol:
Who the feck is claiming that? Haven't read it all so there maybe some but I doubt anyone of us is saying "I ain't bothered"

We went into every match in that time with a view to winning.There was never a time i believed we would win that league, Man utd were mustard at killing you and proved it, still look back with fond memories of the ride that season.i remember being behind the goal at Blackburn gutted.
Is it quite embarrassing being a 92 Durham mag

I missed forest but was at rest. I’m now at peace with it and have happy memories of it ( weirdly )

I was about 17 I think and remember being as nervous about their games as I was about ours. Where I grew up near darlo was split between us mags and a few boro so school had been torture for a few years. The relief when they blew it was f***ing immense. Put it this way we won our league that year (with not many points) and the stronger memory is them blowing the league haha You could argue Man U won it more then they lost it as well as they won something like 16 out of 17 games or something daft to win it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back