When do we start talking about Jos Buttler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last 2 years

17 tests
31 innings
4 50s
0 100s
Average 25

sorry. Not good enough. This is test 46, and he hasn’t come close to cracking it.
No stumpings
14 dropped catches since the NZ series in 2018. Only Ben Stokes (16) has more.
I still don't think he should be in the Test side going forward - one innings doesn't change that.

But fuck me the lad deserves some praise today. Hopefully this sees him go on a run of form that makes me look a right tit 🤞🏻

Last edited:
Another twist :lol:

To be fair the mounting criticism was fair enough but today shows why he has been given more opportunities than others would have done. Superb.

Always be picked
One of the fold
End of
To be fair, unlike with Bairstow (towards the end anyways), I understand why Jos gets picked. 100%.

I just don't fully agree with it. But as I say, I'm delighted with him today, and would love him to go on now and really hammer it and make it beyond question
He's a match winner, always has been.

Good to see Woakes perform with the bat too. I think he's overtaken Anderson with the ball as well.
Thing is he's a match winner in white ball cricket, but has won very few Tests for England

To be fair, unlike with Bairstow (towards the end anyways), I understand why Jos gets picked. 100%.

I just don't fully agree with it. But as I say, I'm delighted with him today, and would love him to go on now and really hammer it and make it beyond question

Thing is he's a match winner in white ball cricket, but has won very few Tests for England

You don't have to win lots of tests if you have other match winners in the team too. We also have Stokes, Broad and possibly Root if he starts converting as he should.

If stokes is fit I think you could argue there’s a place

but he shouldn’t keep wicket

if you’re truthful to yourself he doesn’t get in to this test team that innings situation ia 2 in 20 ... and stokes does what he can do ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back