When do we start talking about Jos Buttler?

On the plus side, lads and lasses, we now have a few weeks coming up of Jos Buttler smashing a white ball all over the place. That should make this thread far more harmonious 😍

I'm not sure what your point is. Foakes is probably the best keeper in the world, he is definitely a better keeper than Buttler who has kept very well himself lately. I hope he gets more opportunities because hes a joy to watch. If he plays instead of Buttler I will be pleased for him but think it would be a bit harsh on Buttler who has had a very good year. Now that's in sharp contarst to you who was aggressive, piss taking and utterly certain in your ground that Buttler was indeed useless. Third best keeper batsman at Lancashire, smilies when he failed etc. And yes you hated it when he proved you wrong and other posters right who had more faith in him. A complete failure to laugh at yourself or just admit you were wrong as everyone else can do with ease. I thought Sibley was a bad selection, thought his game was too limited and flaws to obvious to be a success at test cricket but I was very wrong. Hes got a great ability to improve and work on his weak areas and i'm delighted for him. We are just different types of people mate ;)

I couldn't be arsed, I don't have a lot of time on the board these days, but I said I'd take it over to a Buttler thread so here it is. Just go back through this thread if you like. Everything still stands, and I'd draw your attention to the last line of this post I made.....

You could have tagged us, like.

I'll go back to his 2018 recall. After the The Ashes and then the UAE in 2016 he was all over the place and was rightly dropped, he'd had about 20 Tests and after a decent start to his career his average was down around 22-23.

I was watching him at OT in between, he couldn't get into the side as the wicketkeeper and played some of the single worst and most disinterested innings I've ever seen when he was picked as a batsman. Did he score 10-15 runs or something in the entire season? It was a joke around OT that he was being considered for a recall.

Now he came back in 2018 and had a great series at home, then carried it over into Sri Lanka (Remember how over the top you and your mate went when he had 4-5 good games?). Since then he's failed in the Windies, failed in NZ, failed in The Ashes, failed in SA. Now we're up to 40 tests and his average is still in the 20s, it's very very rare anyone gets that amount of chances. He has said he thought he would be dropped, he was that poor.

But to a couple of posters on here he was a still a certainty to be picked, so the stuff got a little more lighthearted. It's a message board after all, not a selectors meeting. Don't think anyone has gone over the top apart from a couple of the usual suspects, both of whom are firmly in Jos's camp.

So here we are, he's had a great summer and will play in the winter. So if we're discussing a missed stumping or a brilliant century one evening, I hope the tone stays a bit light hearted and a bit piss takey. Or I'll be seething, obvs.

Turns out you couldn't keep it light hearted, and you even upgraded me from 'seething' to 'hatred' of Jos' relative success. That says more about you than me chief, and I'll still make a few comments here and there and you can still piss yourself if you like, but that's it from me. See you for the day/nighter where we have proper wicketkeeper player.

JOKE FFS

I couldn't be arsed, I don't have a lot of time on the board these days, but I said I'd take it over to a Buttler thread so here it is. Just go back through this thread if you like. Everything still stands, and I'd draw your attention to the last line of this post I made.....

Turns out you couldn't keep it light hearted, and you even upgraded me from 'seething' to 'hatred' of Jos' relative success. That says more about you than me chief, and I'll still make a few comments here and there and you can still piss yourself if you like, but that's it from me. See you for the day/nighter where we have proper wicketkeeper player.

JOKE FFS

in the test thread out of nowhere without any provocation at all you had a pop at me post 809. I had no interaction at all with you until that moment on that thread and no idea where it came from. Everything else stemmed from there. Anyway happy to apologise and see you on the third test thread.

Back