when did you KNOW we were down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I KNOW it will get dark tonight even though it hasn't happened yet.

That logic would be perfect if we got relegated every season.....

Nobody KNOWS what will happen next. There are six teams within five points of each other with 12 games to go, and Bournemouth is being drawn in. Anyone who throws in the towel in those circumstances (especially given what we've been through before) is a total fanny.

All for 'Keep The Faith' then immediately contradict yourself. Vic got injured weeks ago. What did you do two games before last when we smashed Palace 4-0 away? Fold your arms & say "we're down"?
People queuing up to outdo each other on here, to profess THEY KNOW the unknown. Staggering.

I will always, and have for over 50 years, Kept the Faith. But this season feels different and I for one blame Moyes for that. Under Di Canio, Poyet, Advocaat and Allerdyce, there was still a sense of 'can do' optimism about the place. This year with this dour, sit on the bench, arms folded, lack of passion manager - I don't have the same feeling of hope.

Yes we smashed Palace and it was a great weekend - some respite from the doom. But what next - a 4-0 home capitulation against Southampton.

We beat Bournemouth and Hull in November, Leicester and Watford in December with Anicebe in the side. Since then we've had 1 win in 7 league games without him. Hard fought draw against Liverpool and Spurs.

No-one knows how the season will end. I never said I did. All I was saying is that I have felt since big Vic got injured that we are more likely to go down.

That logic would be perfect if we got relegated every season.....

Nobody KNOWS what will happen next. There are six teams within five points of each other with 12 games to go, and Bournemouth is being drawn in. Anyone who throws in the towel in those circumstances (especially given what we've been through before) is a total fanny.
Agree- throwing the towel in is madness- hope the players follow suit.

Appreciate some people may not think we are yet.

Swansea away for me, offered nothing and conceded three to a team who were bottom.
fek me what a tossa!if we do go down all the know it alls will be crawling out from under their rocks has the last ten years not proven its not over till it is ............your words hold no value fella so fek off !

When the August window shut was so damning in hindsight.

Kaboul had gone

Koné wanted away

We hadn't held M'vila or Yedlin so the team was already looking different meaning that last seasons confidence and buzz factor was gone before a ball was kicked.

Love, McNair, Djilobodji and Ndong all had the feeling of very poor signings in addition to wasted loans - Januzaj exempt as we all wanted him but has been a major let down - but if we can see these guys are going to be poor why can't the people who are paid to make these decisions see it?

The team sheet at Man City was absolutely rank - a glaring lack of quality.

A typical fold mentality against Middlesbrough after going a goal down

Moyes saying we were in a relegation battle following that game.

Not being able to see a late lead out at Southampton

All of the signs were there and it was not addressed.

An absolute capitulation against Everton which also saw Van Aanholt and Djilobodji having a right old go at each other on the pitch over a free kick showing a lack of team spirit amongst them. Something which was vital in the run in last season.

Failing to win one of the Palace/ West Brom home double header games and yet again failing to win in August or September had me about resigned. The Palace fold was astonishingly bad and still narks me now. It was clear then that the players weren't good enough. The motivation and tactics required from the manager wasn't good enough and the team spirit wasn't there.

Yeah we went on a bit of a run afterwards to get back amongst it but then we continuously shoot ourselves in the foot. Seven or eight chances to get out of the drop zone and none have been executed. Now we're playing the most negative football you could imagine despite having one of the best strikers in the league. It's pathetic. Moyes is absolutely lost and doesn't have a clue or seemingly care about how bad this is. It might only be three points as it stands and for once we might have a favourable run in but you just cannot back this lot to do enough to stay up. From the top down it is a shambles.

4-0 against Southampton. The collapse was telling...I actually thoiught we were going to walk that game after the first 10 minutes.

We re not yet you fanny. Keep the faith man. We ve been here before
:idea::idea::idea:
Just a few draws strung together could be enough to get out of it , its that tight.
Slight problem is we cant keep a clean sheet and unless Defoe scores we do not have much chance of picking anything up.

Despite the abuse- which is to be expected- I kind of admire the people who refuse to accept it, I guess you would want the players to think in the same way. However, I reserve the right to assume we are going down as my default position, then if another unlikely escape happens it's an unexpected bonus.

We will stay up. There are worse teams than us and we haven't started our usual run of form which is due in a couple of weeks yet.

I can't see anyone who are worse than us in the league below us nevermind same league

I thought we were down before the Palace match. Which we then went on and won 4 nil. I'd be surprised if we stayed up but it's far from impossible. Just need to hit a bit of form RIGHT NOW and then another near the end of the season. Two little spurts could be enough to keep us up :eek:

On the down side I can barely listen on the radio anymore for the away games and am not massively looking forward to going to the SOL these days which is sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back