when did you KNOW we were down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appreciate some people may not think we are yet.

Swansea away for me, offered nothing and conceded three to a team who were bottom.

Pretty much made up my mind after 10 games without a win at the start of the season and the quality of player Moyes brought in. The final nail for me was Southampton though, playing a team that had its mind on a cup final and not being able to muster a shot until the 65th minute or whenever it was?

Everton was a slight improvement in that they at least huffed and puffed, but we lost 2-0 without Everton ever breaking into a sweat. If Defoe's shot had gone in, I still think Everton would have upped their game to beat us. Every other team in the league must be looking for our fixture, we are in a terrible state, and its not hard to imagine us not winning again this season.

Appreciate some people may not think we are yet.

Swansea away for me, offered nothing and conceded three to a team who were bottom.

10th April 2016 - Sunderland 0 Leicester 2
11th April 2015 - Sunderland 1 Palace 4
14th March 2015 - Sunderland 0 Villa 4
12th April 2014 - Sunderland 0 Everton 1
7th April 2014 - Tottenham 5 Sunderland 1
9th March 2013 - QPR 3 Sunderland 1
9th April 2012 - Everton 4 Sunderland 0

I was wrong every time.

10th April 2016 - Sunderland 0 Leicester 2
11th April 2015 - Sunderland 1 Palace 4
14th March 2015 - Sunderland 0 Villa 4
12th April 2014 - Sunderland 0 Everton 1
7th April 2014 - Tottenham 5 Sunderland 1
9th March 2013 - QPR 3 Sunderland 1
9th April 2012 - Everton 4 Sunderland 0

I was wrong every time.
Yup, after pretty much every one of those games (and plenty of others) I came to terms with the fact that we were down. Not "ah we might go down", but a genuine belief that we were as good as relegated. Crazy to think back now. Remember Poyet's post match interview after the Spurs game, or the absolute embarrassment of that Villa game. I can't believe we came back from there, just like I can't believe we'll come back from where we are now.

The moment prior to January when it was announced we have no money for players.

A combination of new coach and ideas, plus new GOOD signings saved us in the past. Take away both and add injuries, we have little hope.

But let's support the lads anyway and hope for a miracle and enjoy what may be our last PL footy for a while.

When I realised a cat only has nine lives and this is our tenth season.
:p

Just checked - this may sound unbelievable but it isn't - if current form (last 6 games) continues we will stay up - WE WILL STAY UP ON OUR CURRENT FORM.

Seems mad doesn't it?! But regardless our form will improve as it always does.
you have cheered me up, I have more hope now. I think boro are going down

We're not down until it's confirmed, hope the players haven't adopted such a defeatist attitude, had we lost 1-0 at Palace, beaten Southampton, and with our poor record at Goodision we'd be exactly where many would have predicted after the last 3 games

The hysteria on here is laughable, however I don't think Moyes is doing a good job, he's very negative, and I question the logic of him not bringing in his own back room staff, surely he needs his own trusted team behind him?
He is learning from his mistakes at Man U, errrr

Embarrassing thread tbh
I was going to say, in the words of Ray Wilkins, my word! What the fuck am I reading?

We may well go down but we certainly aren't down yet. The same ones on here who have clearly given up would hammer the players (as they have Moyes) for merely suggesting such negativity.

I'm pleased the majority of the support - especially those chanting "Sunlun til I die" at Goodison are more representative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back