What's the most wingable career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any sort of politician MP, MEP, and un-elected Senior Civil Servants - all of who forget that they are there to serve and not in charge running the show.

Especially the ones who are in safe seats and aren't ministers/shadow ministers/in any position of accountability for big decisions or actions and can hide away and pick up a cushy salary and have a cosy expenses set up etc. - 90% are jobsworths.

Only lose your job at the election - if you are a total idiot.

Archeologist, spend months digging up some owld smashed pots,tell everyone they are Roman and very important, then send them to a local museum where no one will look at them unless its pissing down and the shops are shut.

Business Management Consultant.

Inform others how shit they are at running their business whilst you are employed by an International Management Consultancy earning a lovely fat salary and having no experience of running a business.

That sounds like a pretty solid and clever business proposition.

Seriously though: I went from hiring consultants at huge expense to tell my employer stuff they wouldn’t take from me (I’d literally tell them what to say) to actually being the consultant and telling other employers the same stuff for more money than my previous salary. I had the word ‘consultant’ on my business card and they were paying me, so they accepted what I said. The bloke or woman who was sat in the equivalent of my old chair liked my approach because I made sure they got what they needed too.

Which of the two roles I was performing was the cleverer?

That sounds like a pretty solid and clever business proposition.

Seriously though: I went from hiring consultants at huge expense to tell my employer stuff they wouldn’t take from me (I’d literally tell them what to say) to actually being the consultant and telling other employers the same stuff for more money than my previous salary. I had the word ‘consultant’ on my business card and they were paying me, so they accepted what I said. The bloke or woman who was sat in the equivalent of my old chair liked my approach because I made sure they got what they needed too.

Which of the two roles I was performing was the cleverer?
Essentially, you were a failed entrepreneur then ?

Essentially, you were a failed entrepreneur then ?

Aye. I entrepreneured my bollocks off in a couple of ways over a period of years , off and on, I wasn’t cut out for it over a long term.

I moved back to being an employee and let the others take the risks. I just take the salary instead now. But my friends who stuck with it are minted.

Aye. I entrepreneured my bollocks off in a couple of ways over a period of years , off and on, I wasn’t cut out for it over a long term.

I moved back to being an employee and let the others take the risks. I just take the salary instead now. But my friends who stuck with it are minted.

One can only try mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back