What's the most wingable career?

H&S is serious stuff.

In some places. If you work in an office environment then you see all sorts of rubbish being spouted in the name of health and safety. One of my former colleagues got told that he had books too close to the radiator which could cause a fire. He pointed out that the flash point of paper is around 300 degrees, only slightly less than the flash point of human skin and he sat as close as what the books were. Did he have to leave through fear of spontaneous human combustion.

At another previous place, the H&S person demanded a walk around our server room. We had just had a delivery of a load of equipment which lined the wall at the back. There were boxes neatly stacked about 1m high, still leaving around 1.5m of clear space to walk past. We were told they were a trip hazard and must be kept elsewhere (we had nowhere else). After some negotiation we put some 1ft high cones around the 1m high boxes to make sure people could see them and it was no longer a problem. When we did report an actual problem they said 'people will just have to be careful'.

In a dangerous environment such as a building site, then fine. Other places I think they just make up stuff to make themselves look busy.

In some places. If you work in an office environment then you see all sorts of rubbish being spouted in the name of health and safety. One of my former colleagues got told that he had books too close to the radiator which could cause a fire. He pointed out that the flash point of paper is around 300 degrees, only slightly less than the flash point of human skin and he sat as close as what the books were. Did he have to leave through fear of spontaneous human combustion.

At another previous place, the H&S person demanded a walk around our server room. We had just had a delivery of a load of equipment which lined the wall at the back. There were boxes neatly stacked about 1m high, still leaving around 1.5m of clear space to walk past. We were told they were a trip hazard and must be kept elsewhere (we had nowhere else). After some negotiation we put some 1ft high cones around the 1m high boxes to make sure people could see them and it was no longer a problem. When we did report an actual problem they said 'people will just have to be careful'.

In a dangerous environment such as a building site, then fine. Other places I think they just make up stuff to make themselves look busy.
I'd have called the HSE in on ya and had ya shutdown tbh mate. This sort of lacksadaisical attitude to H&S costs lives.

Entrepreneur - If I was in charge of such things I'd have the dictionary changed to '-see Bullshitter'

Business Analyst?
Something of that sort. I worked with a fella who all he did was spend 20% of his day looking at the same spreadsheet and spouting the same script to customers (other businesses).
He was extremely egotistical, did almost no work and got paid week.
An utter curnt he was

IT Project Manager
Bollock. I've been a project manager on software projects and worked my bollocks off while being hands on too and teaching those who were in my team.

Business Management Consultant.

Inform others how shit they are at running their business whilst you are employed by an International Management Consultancy earning a lovely fat salary and having no experience of running a business.

This. They only work from 9-3 with a few hours break in between, then get 13 weeks off plus weekends and bank holidays.
Be careful, I know you're on a and up but some on here will think you're being serious and think you are really thick.

Back