Whatever you think of QUEEN

Just watched it and thought it was a bit meh. One thing I did notice though was that the CGI they did of Wembley it had the Olympic Gallery on it (them few rows of seats suspended under the roof all the way round). Iirc The Olympic Gallery wasn't added to Wembley till 1988, a good 3 years after Live Aid

Just watched it and thought it was a bit meh. One thing I did notice though was that the CGI they did of Wembley it had the Olympic Gallery on it (them few rows of seats suspended under the roof all the way round). Iirc The Olympic Gallery wasn't added to Wembley till 1988, a good 3 years after Live Aid

Me as well, thought the music (which was class) papered over the cracks a bit. And don’t get me started on his comedy teeth, couldn’t understand what he was saying half the time. What do we know though? It has won loads of awards lol

Sat through and thought it was OK in parts and laughable in others. I've been told about it being described as life affirming whatever the fuck that means. A lass also told us she had to pull over driving home as she was tearing up ffs

There's always one.

"I couldn't enjoy the film, because some chairs were in the wrong place"

Mercury was a class act. Fabulous performer and musician

The film is contrived and I couldn’t get away with someone impersonating Freddie. It’s a no from me.
I think Mercury also had a charisma and aura that no level of impersonation could do justice to. I enjoyed the film for what it was and the story behind some of the songs (the piss taking about ‘I love my car’ was brilliant), but I never felt I was watching anything like the real Freddie, and it became a bit of a case of watching and judging someone’s impersonation of a person. For all the plaudits Remi Malek garnered for the role I simply didn’t believe in him.

I'd put it on a par with watching a decent run of Corrie. You know it's cack really, but you'll know you'll be entertained.

just back - as others have said the timeline is all over the place, but still an bloody excellent film

really enjoyed it
If you are going to do a biopic, surely the timeline is quite relevant?

I personally thought the film was shallow.
"Freddie" was good though, made the film watchable.

As an aside, Live Aid was a fantastic day/concert, Queen were just part of it.

5/10

Not a fan of Queen , but have to agree that Freddie Mercury wasn't the worst front man ever.

Mick Jagger is better though .

Jarvis Cocker is better than both imho.

I can't help but wonder just how much FM spent on plastic surgery and dental work over the years.

The FM of his later years looked nothing facially like his earlier self.

Last edited:

Back