Whatever you think of QUEEN

Tremendously entertaining film. Sod the factual inaccuracies, massive fan growing up, now the same age as Freddie when he died. Found it quite emotional reliving the music of my youth. Malek just unreal, the lad who played May too, faultless.

Live Aid was the perfect way to end the story, surreal in this day and age that 6 years later he was dead and gone.

Musical memories of a lifetime though, great to hear my kids seeking out my Queen tunes in the car journey home.

Tremendously entertaining film. Sod the factual inaccuracies, massive fan growing up, now the same age as Freddie when he died. Found it quite emotional reliving the music of my youth. Malek just unreal, the lad who played May too, faultless.

Live Aid was the perfect way to end the story, surreal in this day and age that 6 years later he was dead and gone.

Musical memories of a lifetime though, great to hear my kids seeking out my Queen tunes in the car journey home.

Aye he deterioted alarmingly after Live Aid. The Magic tour in 86 took its toll and his voice was fucked by the time they did Knebworth. Even before live aid his doctor told him to sing due to a mouth condition common with HIV but he did it anyway with one of the best performances of all time.

Most heartbreaking thing is he wasn’t long away from treatment that could have saved him. Jim Hutton was disgnosed with HIV before Freddie died, yet Hutton died only a few years ago from cancer unrelated to his condition.

When was the last time you had your ears checked ?
Sorry mate a lot of way better educated people than me have classed Meatloaf and Queen as rock music over many decades (I believe Roger Taylor described Queen as 'predominantly a rock cake with different musical toppings' though)

On a $52 Million budget that is fantastic. It hasn't even opened in China or India yet. It's already ( after 2 weeks worldwide release) the biggest grossing musical bio pic ever. But TBone knows best ........
Somebody I was talking to at the weekend said it could be the biggest selling film ever. No idea if that is true mind.

Sorry mate a lot of way better educated people than me have classed Meatloaf and Queen as rock music over many decades (I believe Roger Taylor described Queen as 'predominantly a rock cake with different musical toppings' though)

Somebody I was talking to at the weekend said it could be the biggest selling film ever. No idea if that is true mind.

I think it’s on course to be the biggest selling music biopic (think that’s the word) ever

Really fancy this now.

Are there any particular days or ways you can get cheap deals at Boldon Cineworld? We rarely go.
I think it’s cheap in Sunderland on a Tuesday

Boldon cineworld

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/xmedia-cw/repo/sites/info//C639_CINEWORLD%20IPSWICH160520.PDF Cheaper mon to fri before 5pm

Boldon cineworld

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/xmedia-cw/repo/sites/info//C639_CINEWORLD%20IPSWICH160520.PDF Cheaper mon to fri before 5pm

Sunderland now Monday’s reduced and a fiver on Tuesdays

Welcome to Empire Cinemas

Last edited by a moderator:

Boldon cineworld

Sunderland now Monday’s reduced and a fiver on Tuesdays

Welcome to Empire Cinemas

Buy a days worth of UK travel insurance on comparethemarket.com mine cost £1.01

Two for one cinema tickets on a Tuesday Wednesday for a year. Two for one on a ton of places eating out too :cool:

Hard to know what to say about this.
Was it really such a pain in the arse to be in queen?

Whilst Roger and Brian have always seemed a bit daft I refuse to believe they were so uncool. Roger in particular was like he'd walked off the set of the Inbetweeners!
Everyone moaning about doing disco ? Doing opera? fcking hell man :lol:
They keep going to the pub without him like he's David Brent or something
Mike Myers is terrible too.

Apart from all that Malik is superb and the music bits are fantastic. At time I was welling up - other times i was openly laughing at it, sometimes with it.

Back