Whatever you think of QUEEN

Is this available on dvd yet? Or download, or if anyone’s got a vhs taken inside a Vietnamese cinema will do?

One of my favourite songs is When The Night Comes by Joe Cocker. Check it out and turn it up.
They Don't make them like that anymore., thanks for that. I'll return the favour. Check out "status quo live at the Apollo Glasgow. Roll over lay down". I was there, and that balcony really did move, some reckon 2ft during that song!

They did indeed, as did Gary Moore, and Level 42. This was Queen's last tour with Freddie, and at the peak of their popularity. I'm not by any means suggesting that Quo were bigger than Queen, but they certainly did more gigs, had more UK chart hits, and lasted a lot longer!
Hhmmm chart hits are an interesting stat but Queen win every other. In the UK Queen vs Quo goes as follows; number 1’s Q6 v SQ1. UK Top 10’s Q25 v SQ22. Weeks at number 1 Q21 v SQ1. Weeks in top 10 Q106 v SQ74. I’m not knocking Quo at all. A great band and great friends of Queen. Rick Parfitt appears on Roger Taylor’s Strang Frontier album and they were good mates. Quo supported Queen several times.

Hhmmm chart hits are an interesting stat but Queen win every other. In the UK Queen vs Quo goes as follows; number 1’s Q6 v SQ1. UK Top 10’s Q25 v SQ22. Weeks at number 1 Q21 v SQ1. Weeks in top 10 Q106 v SQ74. I’m not knocking Quo at all. A great band and great friends of Queen. Rick Parfitt appears on Roger Taylor’s Strang Frontier album and they were good mates. Quo supported Queen several times.

Agree about stats, but chart hits are generally accepted as top 40 (by BBC) and Quo wins, as they do top 100, as my per my original post. It was just that AndrewP disputed my original post, but hasn't been able to prove it wrong, without trying to change the goalposts. Both great bands with different styles, and both have had great following over the years, keeping britain at the forefront of rock.

Agree about stats, but chart hits are generally accepted as top 40 (by BBC) and Quo wins, as they do top 100, as my per my original post. It was just that AndrewP disputed my original post, but hasn't been able to prove it wrong, without trying to change the goalposts. Both great bands with different styles, and both have had great following over the years, keeping britain at the forefront of rock.
Totally agree.
Queen’s true career was very short compared to Quo, which explains the top 40 stat, that Quo quite justifiably win and I doff my cap. Yet, in many ways the two bands, particularly on an international stage, remain incomparable.

I enjoy watching the old black and white film of Status Quo during their mod period

I don’t mind either of the bands. I did a survey today and was asked if I liked Rick Parfitt. Gave him a thumbs up

Back