Whatever you think of QUEEN

Seen it today, along with 6 others in cinema. Twas excellent I thought, I’ve never bern a big Queen fan but i thought it was quite emtional, maybe cos you know the ending. But really enjoyed it, his minder was a bit if a cnt like.
Waiting for danertwat and all the other obvious bless to come along and stays hating.

Quo's "rockin all over the world" opener for me like
f***ing hell

Waiting for danertwat and all the other obvious bless to come along and stays hating.

f***ing hell

Grew up with Quo, been to loads of their gigs, and always rocked the house. Met them in Great Yarmouth circa 1970. Bits of them are still going, as too are bits of me. Certain nostalgia there. As for Queen, in their early days Bohemian Rhapsody etc, was looked upon as weird, strange. For me they're a bit like ABBA, not appreciated as to just how good they were until the latter years.

Grew up with Quo, been to loads of their gigs, and always rocked the house. Met them in Great Yarmouth circa 1970. Bits of them are still going, as too are bits of me. Certain nostalgia there. As for Queen, in their early days Bohemian Rhapsody etc, was looked upon as weird, strange. For me they're a bit like ABBA, not appreciated as to just how good they were until the latter years.
Nowt offensive about the Quo. I think they supported Queen on the Magic Tour.

Nowt offensive about the Quo. I think they supported Queen on the Magic Tour.
They did indeed, as did Gary Moore, and Level 42. This was Queen's last tour with Freddie, and at the peak of their popularity. I'm not by any means suggesting that Quo were bigger than Queen, but they certainly did more gigs, had more UK chart hits, and lasted a lot longer!

Just remembered Quo and Joe Cocker also supported Rod Stewart at Gateshead Stadium. Our Lass (Na, really na, she's ower 60 man). She was (is) Rod Stewart daft, and of course I wanted to see Quo, and Joe Cocker, who were both right on tap. As soon as Stewart came on I fecked off to the pub, and left her to it, and met up with her later. Can't stand Stewart like. I remember silent suppers for at least a week after !

Just remembered Quo and Joe Cocker also supported Rod Stewart at Gateshead Stadium. Our Lass (Na, really na, she's ower 60 man). She was (is) Rod Stewart daft, and of course I wanted to see Quo, and Joe Cocker, who were both right on tap. As soon as Stewart came on I fecked off to the pub, and left her to it, and met up with her later. Can't stand Stewart like. I remember silent suppers for at least a week after !
I must be wearing your shoes ! Cocker was brilliant.

Each to their own mate.

They did indeed, as did Gary Moore, and Level 42. This was Queen's last tour with Freddie, and at the peak of their popularity. I'm not by any means suggesting that Quo were bigger than Queen, but they certainly did more gigs, had more UK chart hits, and lasted a lot longer!

If its a choice between Quo and Queen then for me it is Quo at least until Lancaster left.

Fre false statements there mind.

Mercury was a fraud. He was never a rock star, always the actress.
He's possibly the greatest singer ever . The only doubt is singers existed before we had recording devices.

My mam (nah) went to that one too.

Last edited:

He's possibly the greatest singer ever . The only doubt is singers existed before we had recording devices.

Andrew, I think he is very limited. He shouts that is what a lot of Queen songs end up as, chanting.He should have stuck to Opera.

Andrew, I think he is very limited. He shouts that is what a lot of Queen songs end up as, chanting.He should have stuck to Opera.
I don't believe he was ever ah opera singer.

He's incredibly talented though and he may one day abe matched outside our lifetime so bbookmark away.

Nothing false there bud, to the best of my knowledge, but please feel free to put me wrong if I'm right.

I was well impressed with him, and the Joe Cocker band. His bass guitarist, and the lass backing singers he had were superb.

Last edited:
Nothing false there bud, to the best of my knowledge, but please feel free to put me wrong if I'm right.

I was well impressed with him, and the Joe Cocker band. His bass guitarist, and the lass backing singers he had were superb.
One of my favourite songs is When The Night Comes by Joe Cocker. Check it out and turn it up.

Back