What ya getting your kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stopped the letters lark when my youngest lad included a crocodile on his list, then kicked off when he didn't get one. 21 years old now and still f***ing simple at times.

You didn’t get him the crocodile ?

He only wanted a crocodile ffs.
18 year old daughter ... Dyson Straightners
9 year old daughter---- Nintendo switch
5 year old daughter...... New bike
21 month old Grandson....Balance Bike and Kitchen
17 Month Daughter.....Peppa pig kitchen

Just mix up the gift tags for a truly memorable Christmas.

Last edited:

Struggling like fuck for ideas, 13 year old lad and has ‘everything he needs and wants’ according to him. Honestly have not got him a single present yet...........

Struggling like fuck for ideas, 13 year old lad and has ‘everything he needs and wants’ according to him. Honestly have not got him a single present yet...........
Mine wanted fifa and the new spiderman game. Wasn't arsed about a PS5 yet because none of his mates are getting one.

Only got him the PC because his 6 year old laptop would struggle to play pong at this point. I'm jealous as fuck of it tbh.

Mine wanted fifa and the new spiderman game. Wasn't arsed about a PS5 yet because none of his mates are getting one.

Only got him the PC because his 6 year old laptop would struggle to play pong at this point. I'm jealous as fuck of it tbh.

It crackers, I re did his tech stuff over last Xmas and his birthday, games console, phone, tablet, laptop tv etc. Dropped a right bollock there as as I say struggling like fuck this year. They are all into gadgets and games and not a great deal else

I know. Shit parents.

In fairness he had a fully developed plan. It would live in the bath (obviously) and when too large we would build an area in garden. Simple really. He genuinely thought we were being unreasonable!

My eldest son went through a phase of wanting to keep a horse in the dining room and letting it out the French doors when it wanted a wee. My other son objected as he wanted to keep a cow in there as he fancied milking it onto his cereal every morning. Needless to say, we still have a dining table 😁

Couldn't persuade the daughter into wanting a PS5 (for me) sadly. No "big" presents as such. Her and her mates are all obsessed with Anime at the moment, so most stuff I have in is Anime related

Electric scooter and VR headset for my 7 year-old
You are aware the VR Headsets are not meant for kids that young. This was at the top of a google search.

"Samsung Gear VR: Children under the age of 13 should not use the Gear VR. ... Sony PlayStation VR: The VR headset is not for use by children under the age of 12. HTC Vive: HTC doesn't specify an age, but advises young children not to use the product. Oculus Quest: Children under the age of 14 should not use the Quest.Dec 23, 2019"

I've reduced the budget this year as it was getting daft.
The missus (no) sees the budget as some sort of guideline rather than a limit.

Saying that this years haul include a private reg number, Apple watch, Gaming PC and assorted games amongst other things.

She who must be obeyed has this rose tinted view of Christmas where you came down to a pile of presents 20ft high and tries to replicate this every year.
No matter how many times I try to explain that it was the 70s and toys were bigger and cheaper, she wont have it and ends up buying crap the kids
don't want. Hence this years budget, we buy what they want and stop trying to guess at stuff just to make the pile look bigger.

One of my lads at work was telling me about something on Facebook where you put together a present and card for bairns in the local area who havnt got much money etc.

that’s a good idea and I think a few on here should get involved in this.

Every year we buy gifts wrap them up and take them to Durham cathedral and put them under the tree. They then dish themout to children who have nowt bless them.

He's been going crazy for a Nintendo Switch but I think it's time he found the joy of scalectrix too. Can't wait for christmas day, it's easily going to be the highlight of the year
Best thing about a Scalextric is that it doesn’t take up any floor space after 29th December.

Only kidding. The kids (and grown-ups) will love it. If you have some Lego people you can get them around the crash barriers watching.

You are aware the VR Headsets are not meant for kids that young. This was at the top of a google search.

"Samsung Gear VR: Children under the age of 13 should not use the Gear VR. ... Sony PlayStation VR: The VR headset is not for use by children under the age of 12. HTC Vive: HTC doesn't specify an age, but advises young children not to use the product. Oculus Quest: Children under the age of 14 should not use the Quest.Dec 23, 2019"

I want aware at all. Mind, its what she wants and her friends have them.
I'll just monitor her usage. It's just a cheap one she puts her phone in.

Best thing about a Scalextric is that it doesn’t take up any floor space after 29th December.

Only kidding. The kids (and grown-ups) will love it. If you have some Lego people you can get them around the crash barriers watching.
He's mad on lego avengers and other superheroes mate so Lego Batman, Joker, Spiderman, Ironman and Thanos will be in attendance :lol:

He's been going crazy for a Nintendo Switch but I think it's time he found the joy of scalectrix too. Can't wait for christmas day, it's easily going to be the highlight of the year
love a good scalectrix .... cant wait for the grand son to be a bit older to het him one
Never gets in the bathroom ^
I do ..... When our lass is doing the school run !!!!!
9 year old has just told me this morning she has missed a Hamster off her list !!!!! I told her Santy doesnt bring animals !!!!

Last edited:
18 year old daughter ... Dyson Straightners
9 year old daughter---- Nintendo switch
5 year old daughter...... New bike
21 month old Grandson....Balance Bike and Kitchen
17 Month Daughter.....Peppa pig kitchen

So you have a child that is younger then one of your grandchildren?

Never seen that before
I haven’t got a clue, my wife sorts it all and hopefully gives me a few debriefs before the big day so I know what they are opening.

The older one who is nearly 4 is getting a toy shop as her main present. Last year it was a kitchen which took 5 f***ing hours to build in the run up.

Youngest is one, and imho should forfeit presents as she doesn’t even know what Christmas is. Plus we still have 100s of the older ones old toys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back