What would happen (in reality) if war broke out today

It'd be like 1914 again. The forces would be shocked at the state of the nation's health.
can you imagine fat fuckers today being whipped into shape in 6 weeks? and yes I do include myself in that category. After a 40 year love affair with bacon butties and being sat on me arse it takes me all me time to run a bath let alone an assault course!!!
Personally i`d ask them to re open the odd mine and happily be a |Bevin boy if it came to it

The next big conflict a war with Iran ....nowt to do with us but we'll follow the Yanks in get a piece of the oil ....destabilise the country and create more terrorist groups ......to keep the peace we always need a boogeyman.

The next big conflict a war with Iran ....nowt to do with us but we'll follow the Yanks in get a piece of the oil ....destabilise the country and create more terrorist groups ......to keep the peace we always need a boogeyman.
It's a toss-up between that and the South China sea IMHO.

As someone who lives in France I have to say that your name should be clueless man as you obviously have surrendered to the ill informed rhetoric about both world wars. I attended the armistice day gathering at our local war memorial. The major focus was on the children attending and having them understand what the names on the memorial meant. Read up about Verdun, find out who held back the Germans whilst we British escaped at Dunkirk, study what happened to the resistance if and when they were captured and ask yourself if you would have had the balls to do what they did. Or maybe you wouldn't have put up much of a fight anyway
Absolutely first rate post. My home is in the Perigord, near Montignac. I endorse every word you wrote.
My home area had the doubtful pleasure of being on the route of the SS Panzer Division Das Reich on their way from Marseilles to the D-Day landing beaches to kill our soldiers. They found time to jump off their Panzers, lock the townspeople in the churches and burn the churches. The surviving resistant men delayed their progress with Molotov cocktails and plastique before burying their families. To protect our army.
Surrender Monkeys? Rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely first rate post. My home is in the Perigord, near Montignac. I endorse every word you wrote.
My home area had the doubtful pleasure of being on the route of the SS Panzer Division Das Reich on their way from Marseilles to the D-Day landing beaches to kill our soldiers. They found time to jump off their Panzers, lock the townspeople in the churches and burn the churches. The surviving resistant men delayed their progress with Molotov cocktails and plastique before burying their families. To protect our army.
Surrender Monkeys? Rubbish.
Read a book years back, about a half french/german guy, fought for the Germans. Think it's called the forgotten soldier by Guy Sayers. There is some who question it's authenticity, never the less an excellent read.

Read a book years back, about a half french/german guy, fought for the Germans. Think it's called the forgotten soldier by Guy Sayers. There is some who question it's authenticity, never the less an excellent read.
Read about Oradour sur Glane. The Das Reich battalion murdered more than 700 unarmed men women and children. The village has been preserved exactly as it was when the Germans left. One of the most heartbreaking facts is that a large number of the "Germans" were actually French from Alsace Lorraine conscripted into the SS because Germany considered the region to be part of the fatherland and that their leader thought they should be "blooded" as they hadn't taken part of the atrocities carried out en route to Oradour.
They had the choice, take part or stand in one of 4 barns and be machine gunned with the men whilst all of the women and children were herded into the church to be set on fire. There were 3 survivors.

Last edited:
Good luck ever finding me.

I live in southern Spain where only me Mar and Dar know me address.

Not known to the Spanish authorities, not disclosed on me work contract.

Nowt sinister about it like I just refuse to pay Spanish tax when I get taxed £600 in Gibraltar each month anyway.

So aye I’ll sit back and relax with a pint of Cruzcampo I reckon.

Gibraltar could find itself in a hell of a battle as it controls the mouth of the Med from the Atlantic.

With the Eu hoping to get an army together prepared not only to take on Russia and China, but also prepared to take on the US, according to that French Clown Macron, then the sooner we get well clear of that bunch of imbeciles in Brussels and leave them to get on with their own madness, the better.

With the Eu hoping to get an army together prepared not only to take on Russia and China, but also prepared to take on the US, according to that French Clown Macron, then the sooner we get well clear of that bunch of imbeciles in Brussels and leave them to get on with their own madness, the better.
When did he say that?

I am 55 and not in bad shape and I would step up do do whatever is needed, not front line. I have 2 mates who are lifers been in since 18 and worked to Major and still there with University cadets and mates from TA SAS who made it into 22SAS. I know they would turn up to help even though they could not be front line. My mate told me of the bravery of the young men from the north east and scotland in Afghanistan. There was danger close when a 500lb was being dropped and these lads hunkered down and would rather die than be disabled at such a young age thinking that girls would not want them. But when they come back and let off steam the nimbys forget what they do for us.

I would be medically exempt I would imagine due to various health issues but I probably wouldn’t go anyways. Lock me up or send me to the firing squad but would I fuck be going to war.

Read about Oradour sur Glane. The Das Reich battalion murdered more than 700 unarmed men women and children. The village has been preserved exactly as it was when the Germans left. One of the most heartbreaking facts is that a large number of the "Germans" were actually French from Alsace Lorraine conscripted into the SS because Germany considered the region to be part of the fatherland and that their leader thought they should be "blooded" as they hadn't taken part of the atrocities carried out en route to Oradour.
They had the choice, take part or stand in one of 4 barns and be machine gunned with the men whilst all of the women and children were herded into the church to be set on fire. There were 3 survivors.
That was part of the same journey North by the same gang of SS murderers. I have been to Oradour. It reduced me to tears.

Last edited by a moderator:
The French blamed everyone but themselves, incl. communists and Jews, for the fact that they were rolled over so easily in a few weeks in WW2.

Most of them didn’t even fight at all, and were happy to collaborate with the Nazis by means of the Vichy govt.

Strangely when it was all over, pro Nazi French were about as rare as white Dogshit.

To be fair to them they did put on quite a show by bravely attacking the women who they thought had bedded Germans.

Such a shame they weren’t lucky enough to have the likes of you in their ranks.
The whole history of the world could have been so much better.

Maybe through all the aggressive posturing, disinformation wars and military alliances, all modern day belligerence realise the costs are way too big to enter conflict.
The armistice anniversary reminded all the world leaders of the insane consequences of war. In doing so diplomacy between countries redoubles and people learn to live with each other on the only planet we can inhabit.
Then German scientists finally discover how to upscale the process of nuclear fusion. A clean energy source that uses deuterium to produce energy and helium as a byproduct. The world's consumption of fossil fuels dramatically drops putting the brakes on worldwide oil conflicts.

Peace ensues

Back