What would happen (in reality) if war broke out today

Only a couple of cowardly mad men would release a nuclear winter on the world
Yip we're all fucked

There’s plenty of them in the World and the longer time goes on, the bigger the risk that one of them will eventually get their fingers on the titty button.

all the young uns would shit themselves and say the pensioners should have their heating allowance, bus pass and deserved a referendum vote if they went to war for their freedom again:lol:;)
Leavers wouldn't get involved as it would get in the way of getting Brexit over the line:lol:

As someone who lives in France I have to say that your name should be clueless man as you obviously have surrendered to the ill informed rhetoric about both world wars. I attended the armistice day gathering at our local war memorial. The major focus was on the children attending and having them understand what the names on the memorial meant. Read up about Verdun, find out who held back the Germans whilst we British escaped at Dunkirk, study what happened to the resistance if and when they were captured and ask yourself if you would have had the balls to do what they did. Or maybe you wouldn't have put up much of a fight anyway

Yes, in the First War the battle at Verdun was a deliberate killing field as a tactic by the Germans to force France out of the war. Incredible casualties.

At the start of the War there was an overwhelming onslaught from Belgium towards Paris until the taxi drivers from Paris ferried out an entire army to the front.

In the Second War, Germany achieved what was thought impossible and attacked through the forests of the Ardennes with Panzers to hit the Allies in their soft underbelly and threaten the British who managed to escape thanks to the great fight put up by the French. It fact it was more a case of the French believing that the British had abandoned them.

Yeh, they’re very good at stirring it up, but not quite so good in the end game.

Bloody good job for us that there was torrential rain over Waterloo for 48 hours before the battle could be commenced.

As Wellington himself said afterwards, it was a damn close run thing and when you consider the obstacles the French tried to overcome....

Last edited:
and every eligible man and woman was to be called for service?

This board wouldn't lose many posters.

It'd be like 1914 again. The forces would be shocked at the state of the nation's health.

Thats a thought. Would the strongest and fittest get called up first ? Runners, cyclists, rock climbers, football and rugby lads. Obviously not cricketers, they just stand around all day. Personally, i'd rather all types were on the front line together. The fatties are slower and bigger targets, so i'd be okay.

Last edited:
With all the little crying fannies we’ve managed to create over the past 30 years? We’d surrender after 5 minutes because they’d need a safe space.
we would need a referendum as nobody told them, just how bloody a war is. not like that on the computer screen

Is that the Nigel Farage potted history?

The French were the junior partner in the Entente Cordiale they more or less took orders from the British - during the Battle of France the French army particularly the tank divisions held their own and fought bravely, like ourselves the French appeased the Nazis and were not ready. I think you'll find that a lot of the British forces who made it to Dunkirk were more than grateful of the French rear-guard. It's worth also reading up on the French Maquis & the resistance and the heroic deeds before and during D-Day. Please bear in mind that thousands of Brits were unrepentant Nazis and locked up during WWII and even executed! The pre-war fascists in high places like the owners of the Daily Mail managed to get off with it.
The photo of Olympia rammed full of U.K. nazis is one of the most shocking pics I’ve seen.

Back