What will happen to motorbikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like to hate. If not bikes, cyclists then horses etc. If your stuck in a traffic bound car and see someone who is less restricted then envy takes over. This is exacerbated by the fact that bikers have enough disposable income to buy what is an expensive luxury hence further envy in those who cannot do so.
I've always assumed a motorbike was cheaper than a car, so I've never looked on it as an expensive luxury that I have gazed at with envy.

I've always assumed a motorbike was cheaper than a car, so I've never looked on it as an expensive luxury that I have gazed at with envy.
More of a hobby for me. I drive a car daily and the bike is for fun really, odd commute but i like a coffee in a morning on the road, its a bit difficult on the bike.

Not sure on the official stats etc but i would say 75% of accidents with bikes ive been to are actually the riders fault which surprised me but thats just me. Huge amount of bumps go unreported and go through claims
I think it's something like 20% of accidents involving bikes and other vehicles are the fault of the bike rider. This is just from memory but I'm sure it is/was still correct.

fired mine up yesterday since it hadn't been turned over in a few weeks. It instantly reved right up so i killed it. I think I have a sticky throttle cable, I think it's away for the winter now anyway so no hurry.

Not sure on the official stats etc but i would say 75% of accidents with bikes ive been to are actually the riders fault which surprised me but thats just me. Huge amount of bumps go unreported and go through claims
Check the stats
Busy being bossed off roads in Italy at the moment
Away from the odd madman the majority of two wheeled legal road users are putting up with below par drivers every day

Check the stats
Busy being bossed off roads in Italy at the moment
Away from the odd madman the majority of two wheeled legal road users are putting up with below par drivers every day

No im sure those stats for countrywide etc have a lot more research and everything in but ill stick with my stats that i deal with in that 75% of time the rider is at fault and thats what ill continue to go off as its from personal experience. Usually ends a lot more messy as well

No im sure those stats for countrywide etc have a lot more research and everything in but ill stick with my stats that i deal with in that 75% of time the rider is at fault and thats what ill continue to go off as its from personal experience. Usually ends a lot more messy as well
i have a stat that when i'm riding the bike 100% of other road users are trying to kill me. touch wood worked ok till now.

Ok
I respect rather than official stats you use your own but you can't really then go at everyone who follows the hard facts.
Like you telling us god exist cos loads of stuff has happened to you .
I'm sure they'd love the stats to be rider error because they want us off the road but even they follow the numbers

When we go all electric in 15 years?

It'll finally be the end of bikes. Personally I’m pleased as I hate them. Was also thinking of all those vintage and classic cars will be going to rust. Will seem a shame but I suppose we will have to move forward. Noticed during the peak of lockdown the air was lovely in the city centre and maybe a peek into the future.
It's the noise I hate driven by saga louts who seem to relish the annoyance they cause
Personally can't stand motorbikes and would be chuffed to bits to see them banned from the roads. The noise is one thing, but they're a danger to themselves and to others. Nailed on, if you're doing 60 in a 60, the bike will speed to overtake. The motorbike evangelists say on here it's because it's safer to be as far away from other cars as possible, but if your vehicle presents a danger to you, in the presence of other road users, it might not be suitable for public roads.

We'll all be in electric self-driving vehicles by the turn of the century, so that'll be the death knell for the motorbike on public roads.
Will we have self driving motorbikes

Last edited:
i have a stat that when i'm riding the bike 100% of other road users are trying to kill me. touch wood worked ok till now.
Not a stat... more like a fact

Just come back from biking weekend 18 of us..stayed in Barrow.. all Harley Davidsons.. rode Hardknott wrynose pass and around lakes..

Aint feck all like it..

Last edited:
It's the noise I hate driven by saga louts who seem to relish the annoyance they cause

Will we have self driving motorbikes
Fair question. I would guess a self drive bike would be really hard to do. A bike is pretty minimal in what it has. You pretty much sit on the engine, which drives the back wheel and you steer the front. There is very little space for sensors and a computer, where as a car is built for redundant space. The sensors on a bike is the person, the volume of a bike shrinks when the rider gets off, a car stays the same.

BMW released new bike. An 1800cc air cooled boxer!

It’s got a weird cantilever rear end and a brand new shaft.

It’s called the R18.

The future of petrol engined bikes is safe for the foreseeable future.

9000 new bikes were bought in August.

Last edited:

It’s called the R18.

wonder if it's the same one i've seen, like a naked muscle bike to rival the triumph rocket. it looks very nice apart from an awful looking exhaust.
i'm fan of bmw's, triumphs and harleys big twins, anything that has the engine as the focal point.

It’s called the R18.

I suspect people will prefer bikes to riding packed trains and tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back