What will happen to motorbikes?

Just been over to Orrest Head and the roads where packed with the stupid bastards endangering the lives of anyone on the roads. Looking forward to them all getting scrapped.

Currently watching Lyndon Poskitt's races to places. Yorkshire man packed his job in as an engineer after riding the Dakar in 2013. He sold his house and belongings to travel the world on a factory KTM then entering different rallies including the Dakar.A good watch.
Follow him on FB, did a few enduros back in the day with him ,he's doing well
I don’t like motorbikes and I can’t say it bothers me in stationary traffic. I go the other way, if I see a bike moving between the two lanes, next chance I get to give them a bit of space to get through, I do. Makes life easier for them, less chance of having my wing mirrors clipped and only takes a small bit of steering to the left for me.

If I’m stuck in traffic, I’m not going anywhere. If someone can cut through it all and be on their way then good on them. A small amount of effort can make someone elses life that little bit better, so why not do it? The other options are to sit feeling bitter while stuck in traffic able to help someone but not wanting to give them that freedom you have not got. Or you can be an absolute wanker and put in effort to make life harder.

The more people who put in small amounts of effort to help others, the happier and more laid back the world is.
Indeed
Bikes want to past cars so they can ride free of cars ,overtaking cars and filtering isnt the fun of riding

Last edited:
You must live a sheltered life mate. Moforbike riders are a minority group. Actually historically a lot of homosexual men wear motorcycle gear. It’s popular fetish wear on the gay scene. I wouldn’t naturally connect a sense of masculinity with bikers. Not sure if you’re gay yourself but I’d hazard a guess a lot of the lads that camp out in leather together will be doing it as a way into the scene.
Happy to be part of a minority. Please can you pm me with details of the gay scene you appear to have knowledge of.
About 30 of the noisy bastards have just gone past my house. Boils my piss that they have to head this way very Sunday.
Lucky noisy bastards!

Last edited:
Follow him on FB, did a few enduros back in the day with him ,he's doing well

Indeed
Bikes want to past cars so they can ride free of cars ,overtaking cars and filtering isnt the fun of riding

Not sure wanting to use the road as a playground gives riders carte blanche to ride how they do mind, when 99% of road traffic is on four wheels, bikers can’t moan that there’s cars on the roads

Not sure wanting to use the road as a playground gives riders carte blanche to ride how they do mind, when 99% of road traffic is on four wheels, bikers can’t moan that there’s cars on the roads
Yet that 99% are obssessed with the 1% who are hardly ever in their daily drive (that would be other dick head drivers ) .unless you go the dales on a weekend you're lucky to see 2or 3 a week ? 99% of bikers drive too and apart from when they kill them they don't moan about cars on the road .
. Overtaking,filtering ,making progress is all good practice at suitable times to break traffic up .What a driver perceives to be dangerous is often not at all.All that said there's some Barry Sheenes about .Got no time for their bikes,riding or patter

Yet that 99% are obssessed with the 1% who are hardly ever in their daily drive (that would be other dick head drivers ) .unless you go the dales on a weekend you're lucky to see 2or 3 a week ? 99% of bikers drive too and apart from when they kill them they don't moan about cars on the road .
. Overtaking,filtering ,making progress is all good practice at suitable times to break traffic up .What a driver perceives to be dangerous is often not at all.All that said there's some Barry Sheenes about .Got no time for their bikes,riding or patter

I spent a short time living in a part of the country that’s very popular with bikers, see barely any these days tbh.

My main gripe is the constant need to overtake and break the speed limit. Fully understand it’s safer and a nicer ride not to be behind a car, but if you’re on a 60 road, and you overtake someone doing 60, you’re a bell, whether you do that on 4 wheels or 2.

I spent a short time living in a part of the country that’s very popular with bikers, see barely any these days tbh.

My main gripe is the constant need to overtake and break the speed limit. Fully understand it’s safer and a nicer ride not to be behind a car, but if you’re on a 60 road, and you overtake someone doing 60, you’re a bell, whether you do that on 4 wheels or 2.
so thats nowt to do with motorbikes ,if cars werent so wide or roads 5 times wider cars would do it too non stop .Just people

Noise and danger. Used to work closely with the aftermath of traffic collisions and it was always the same old story with bikes. I’m not militant about it or anything it’s just my own personal opinion

Hate bikes and will never let any of my family on them after the things ive seen from collisions

so thats nowt to do with motorbikes ,if cars werent so wide or roads 5 times wider cars would do it too non stop .Just people

But DfT stats say bikes are much more likely to be found to be speeding than cars. I’m just asking why. Why do bikes - objectively more so than cars - feel the entitlement to speed?

It’s odd they do considering all these “think bike” campaigns about how vulnerable bikers are. Yet they can’t stop speeding.

But DfT stats say bikes are much more likely to be found to be speeding than cars. I’m just asking why. Why do bikes - objectively more so than cars - feel the entitlement to speed?

It’s odd they do considering all these “think bike” campaigns about how vulnerable bikers are. Yet they can’t stop speeding.
The same people will tell you most fatalities are a car drivers fault .Speed is a factor in accidents but the vast majority of it goes unpunished and luckily has no effect The Speed is an attraction for a bike rider but its way more complex than just speed .They arent riding to Alston on a bike because it was their only transport ,theres a small gang of delivery,commuter type riders but most do it for pleasure .Its not an entitlement to speed,everyone speeds ,more cars than bikes and take their chance .Id argue like the overtaking if the road was wider and the car had the turn of speed and brakes of a bike car drivers would be speeding all day everyday .Its about opportunity . I think most road users respect that there needs to be rules and limits but then cross that line as it suits where they see it as okay . I Drive and ride at a speed what suits where i am,who's around ,road surface etc

Entitlement is the domain of the car driver imo. Seem not to like any other vehicles on “their” road. Also many take any opportunity to break the rules/apply the rules as they see fit. The carriageway is for any legal carriage. Don’t project and don’t assume intentions where there are none. Live & let live.

Entitlement is the domain of the car driver imo. Seem not to like any other vehicles on “their” road. Also many take any opportunity to break the rules/apply the rules as they see fit. The carriageway is for any legal carriage. Don’t project and don’t assume intentions where there are none. Live & let live.
well said.

I am happy about motorcycles. An experienced rider will do the roght thing I have found.

Now if we could only do something about the useless spandexed bicyclists - that would be excellent.

Back