What shares you buying?

Have you used other platforms in the past? if so, how does it compare? I've noticed iweb is one of the cheapest platforms, but usually you get what you pay for. I'd be interested to know the pros and cons of each are. HL seem to be another popular platform as well as Halifax.
Not used another platform. We had shares from her work that had to be taken out of 'nominee' and we were recommended this. I think we looked into HL as well but II are dead easy to use.

Three worth a punt on BT, Lloyds, & WH Smith. BT scrapped dividend which pissed off the big institutions, and probably has been oversold, Lloyds bank cant go any lower surely?, will pick up wen covid crisis eases. WH Smith suffering because of fall in travel, especially airport outlets, shares look very cheap.

My broker (no I'm not that rich) the lass who manages my pension pot, transferred a sizeable chunk of my energy shares into banks the other week, they seem to be bouncing back. My missus's portfolio has a lot of renewables & ethical companies in it. Her returns are about 25% up on mine

Since I recommended it, De La Rue is down 30% 😩 but way undervalued now. Time to invest.
Halma has returned to pre-COVID-19 price
One to look out for is Open Orphan.

The only con is is costs you a monthly fee. Other than that it's quite easy. It's like going to the bookies but easier to lose your money :lol:.

Beware of share prices that seem too good to be true. They usually are.

Cheers.
Oh ok, I use it and find it very easy to use and very reasonably priced. Hargreaves Lansdown is better for research but you can use that for free without investing on it.

Thanks mate.

Three worth a punt on BT, Lloyds, & WH Smith. BT scrapped dividend which pissed off the big institutions, and probably has been oversold, Lloyds bank cant go any lower surely?, will pick up wen covid crisis eases. WH Smith suffering because of fall in travel, especially airport outlets, shares look very cheap.
Wh Smith will do well to survive mate

Just as well I don't do this shit for a living.

By your witty retort I’m assuming you do , that’s fine .

I’m quite happy doing what I do , some I buy and make 5 or 10 % and sell them on , others I keep long term .

All off my own back , all at my own risk .

i do all right over the year , every year .

By your witty retort I’m assuming you do , that’s fine .

I’m quite happy doing what I do , some I buy and make 5 or 10 % and sell them on , others I keep long term .

All off my own back , all at my own risk .

i do all right over the year , every year .
My point is you ought to care about sentiment. Share valuation is fundamentally driven. Very formulaic. And the biggest fallacy about this game is its zero sum. It ain't.

I cannot see one case for easyjet being a good buy. Short was good but can you explain why you did it?

Back