What % of household income

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and Mrs K chuck the best part of our wages into our joint bank account and bills, shopping etc comes out of there.
Whatever I'm left with is mine to do with as I see fit, but I know we'll both put stuff on our own cards for each other or both of us.
It's useful to have the joint one though. Takes care of everything that has to be paid

:lol::lol::lol:

She will outlive you by 4 or 5 years as well. Tell her to fuck off and work another year. Life is for living now not sitting at home when you are old.

Don't bother mate. It's not going to last.

To be honest I like my current kip and had no intention of shifting in unless it suited me as well.

It’s staying as it is or we are finishing is how it looks at the minute unless she starts being human but that’s unlikely.

Young kids, lack of childcare, Mrs left work to raise kids, funds are limited.

Fair does mate! We had same issues with childcare so when the mrs went back to work after maternity she had to do permanent nights for about 6 years, only way we could work it.

Fair does mate! We had same issues with childcare so when the mrs went back to work after maternity she had to do permanent nights for about 6 years, only way we could work it.

Gotta do what you've gotta do for the kids. I just hope they remember it when I need them to wipe my arse when I'm an owld codger.

We both get our salaries into our sole accounts. We both then just pay the same amount into the joint account and pay everything bar fuel thru there. Whatever’s left gets spent/saved.

Percentage though? Couldn’t say - don’t really want for a lot tbh so don’t spend much

If we didn't have kids we'd probably just have our own accounts and maybe a joint bill account to pool our money to cover the fixed bills.

With having kids there's that many variable costs that we just have a joint account. All money is pooled and for the family. What's mine is hers and what's hers is mine. I can't imagine not having this arrangement or how it could work with joint accounts.

If we didn't have kids we'd probably just have our own accounts and maybe a joint bill account to pool our money to cover the fixed bills.

With having kids there's that many variable costs that we just have a joint account. All money is pooled and for the family. What's mine is hers and what's hers is mine. I can't imagine not having this arrangement or how it could work with joint accounts.

Same here. All money into one pot and we spend what’s left, we’ve never had an argument about one of us spending more than the other. I earn more but it wouldn’t feel right having more disposable income than my wife.

Same here. All money into one pot and we spend what’s left, we’ve never had an argument about one of us spending more than the other. I earn more but it wouldn’t feel right having more disposable income than my wife.

Work colleague told me about her friend (in a marriage with individual accounts) who discovered that her husband was earning about £20k a year more than he told her he was and had been for some time...

I buy the Radio Times and the sticks . The rest goes on drink and blart .

Currently negotiating with my other half pre moving in.

We are at a brick wall frankly. I’d be moving in to her kip, which she has stated is staying in her name and in the event of us finishing would be her kip and I’d have no hold over it etc.

No problem there for me, however in her head she still expected that because I earned more than her I’d pay a higher percentage of the bills, including towards her mortgage.

Got a feeling getting the Good Friday agreement over the line was easier than this is going to be.
Tell her to fuck off .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back