What % of household income

To be honest I like my current kip and had no intention of shifting in unless it suited me as well.

It’s staying as it is or we are finishing is how it looks at the minute unless she starts being human but that’s unlikely.
As sad as it will obviously be at the time I genuinely think you'll be dodging a bullet long term unless she seriously changes her outlook mate.

How we've always worked, never argue about money. Couldn't be arsed with the fuck on of separate accounts and you pay for this and I'll pay for that and I earn x% and you earn y%. What's mine is hers and what's hers is mine, and I know it's odd these days but we get by pretty well by trusting one another.
Same here. Worked for the last 18 years. Everything in one bank account, and we use what we use.

We give ourselves £200 each a month for our mobile phone, clothes, bets, clothes, nights out etc. So about 10% total, or 5% each. Feels like fuck all to me cos I like doing and buying stuff. Mrs Tatty usually still has plenty left at the end of the month. Mind, if we do stuff together - gigs, meals out etc - that all comes out of the joint account.

Depends if you have bairns etc, but we share everything equally.
I earn about 20x what she earns, but she’s moved for my job, took time out to have kids.
We put everything in an account and then have £250 a month each for clothes and buying shit.
If we gan out together we use our joint account.
Much like us, though she earns more than me so I work part time and do the school runs, housework etc. We used to do the whole 'pay half of the bills then what's left is our own' but when you've got a family and aren't both working full time or earning the same you can't do that.

Last edited:
Whats mine is my own
And whats hers is mine.

I pay the fookin lot so do as i please, If she don’t like it, the door is open, but after nearly 30yr i think she knows which side her toast is buttered on!

Give ourselves 600 notes a month each to spend on shite/piss up the wall and the rest all goes in the joint pot and savings. She earns quite a bit less these days so majority of the joint is from me. Don't mind though, I do fuck all round the house etc.

Seems a bit selfish when there is so much poverty in the North East. Imagine pissing money up the wall and spending it on shite when there are people using food banks. Have a word with yourself man.

Work colleague told me about her friend (in a marriage with individual accounts) who discovered that her husband was earning about £20k a year more than he told her he was and had been for some time...

And the flip side is one of my mates had a single account between them. She would just spend spend spend on any shite. He would constantly tell her what little money they had was needed to pay the bills but fell on deaf ears. In the end, ended up tens of thousands in debt & was main cause for marriage break up.

Back