What is your credit score?

Nee idea, mortgage paid off, no car loan, only debt credit card for shopping petrol which gets paid off every month
I’ll need to get a car loan later this year though when company car expires so maybe should check
Have had credit in recent years no bother for thinks like barker and stonehouse furniture and all paid off so should be fine I reckon

did this and found out it was someone i know

only way to sort it is by dobbing them in

tough one but I can’t have my credit score taking a complete battering over it either
What??? Who was it? I'm going straight in with the nosey question cos it's absolutely lifting that my mate.

Got no idea what my score is by the way.

Q for someone with a scrap of knowledge on this matter…

I’ve recently found out I am a victim of fraud (someone using a credit card with my details on it for many years, then defaulting on it) - but thankfully both the original company and the collection agency accept that it was fraudulent use. The open default will be gone on 5th July but will the record of this ever happening be completely wiped off my file? Or will it follow me about like a bad stink for x amount of years. Not had much clarity on that from anyone.

It will be completely gone, never to be seen again. Once the data controller from the financial company that applied the default literally ticks a button, it will be no more

It will be completely gone, never to be seen again. Once the data controller from the financial company that applied the default literally ticks a button, it will be no more
Do you know whether I need to do anything to get things off my credit record if banks have closed down accounts fraudulently opened in my name?

There was 3 of them, plus some failed credit card attempts, they've all been dealt with my the banks. Not sure if I need to request them to be removed or if they'll just disappear in time.

Well, that’s a relief. Was speaking to my accountant the other day and he feared the worst. Something about defaults hanging about for 6 years on credit checks?
That’s mental. Do they know you know?

Aye they do. Denied it at first when I was still just fishing. Then fessed up when I had more evidence. If I’d checked my credit score a couple of years ago, this would have been bad but nowhere as bad as it’s got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that’s a relief. Was speaking to my accountant the other day and he feared the worst. Something about defaults hanging about for 6 years on credit checks?

Aye they do. Denied it at first when I was still just fishing. Then fessed up when I had more evidence. If I’d checked my credit score a couple of years ago, this would have been bad but nowhere as bad as it’s got.
Jesus mate. I don’t know what to say.

Awful that.
Totally different situation but been there recently where someone I thought was a friend had taken advantage. Utterly shit feeling.

Jesus mate. I don’t know what to say.

Even by the standards of the past year or so it’s been a particularly poor week I must say :lol:

Tell you what like, the fraud departments at these two offices have been absolutely first class. Got a lovely lad fighting my corner who was incredibly understanding of the personal strain of the situation.

Awful that mate. Sorry to hear. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks pal. Sounds like the fraud / credit bit will be all gravy before long… the other baggage is going to take lot more work.
Awful that.
Totally different situation but been there recently where someone I thought was a friend had taken advantage. Utterly shit feeling.

The pits isn’t it. Hope yours is all sorted now though mate.

Back