What is your credit score?

You're right, it doesnt matter to me. I've never had debt other than the car loan in 1971 and mortgage in 1979.

I was taught, 'if you cant pay cash you cant afford it'. Back in those days this was true. Nowadays with Credit Card etc. people dont bat an eyelid at borrowing thousands. I wouldnt sleep nights if I had debt.
It has it's uses though. I wouldn't make the living I do now without having the credit to start up. Also credit is cheap these days. Not everyone can pay "cash" upfront for things and are better off getting a higher value, more reliable, cost efficient item on credit. Like a car for example.

You're right, it doesnt matter to me. I've never had debt other than the car loan in 1971 and mortgage in 1979.

I was taught, 'if you cant pay cash you cant afford it'. Back in those days this was true. Nowadays with Credit Card etc. people dont bat an eyelid at borrowing thousands. I wouldnt sleep nights if I had debt.

Paying by credit card is cheaper than cash as there's cashback perks, so it's not a case of 'can't pay by cash' it's that it just makes little sense to not use a card

Back