What is your credit score?

Not sure about the UK but it matters a huge amount here in the US. A 20 point drop could mean paying 20% more for electricity.

I had good credit in the UK but when I moved here I had to start from scratch. My credit card limit was $750!!!

Happily I’m in good shape but people i know get screwed

One tells you you’re great (Experian) one tells you you’re good (credit karma) one tells you you’re bang average (clear score). I lost 15 points off one last month, nothing had changed at all, no debts other than mtg, nothing fell off my file, no new accounts opened etc. Then this month I regained those 15 points and again no changes to owt.

Not sure about the UK but it matters a huge amount here in the US. A 20 point drop could mean paying 20% more for electricity.

I had good credit in the UK but when I moved here I had to start from scratch. My credit card limit was $750!!!

Happily I’m in good shape but people i know get screwed

It doesn't matter in the UK. The score given to you across all of these types of companies is a completely made up number. No financial institution in the UK see's it when you are credit searched. This is fact.

The only information they see is electoral roll info, account history over the last 6 years, how many searches have been carried over 12 months, defaults/CCJ's & fraud info.

Every single financial company in the UK has it's own internal criteria. If you 'credit worthiness' meets this, you are given credit.

The 'score' is a sales tactic to make you give them £15 a month (I know their are companies who offer this service for free, but all of the above still applies)

Back