What is your credit score?

I wouldn't recommend it like.

Seemingly a total doddle to open a Nationwide account without having any ID. Useless bastards.
How do you think you had your ID stolen ? Had you been hoying documents in the recycling bin / clicked on a link that installed some kind of computer Trojan/key logger?

How do you think you had your ID stolen ? Had you been hoying documents in the recycling bin / clicked on a link that installed some kind of computer Trojan/key logger?
Someone stealing post from my external letter box is what the fraud bloke at Aqua Card thought was most likely. I live in a small block of a flats and our letter boxes are just outside the door, you can easily open the lid and grab things out with a pair of tweezers or something.

I'm good with recognising scams and I get little to no letters through the post as I've gone paperless where possible. It's a bit of a mystery to me how they've done it, but it has been dealt with now so no point worrying over it. The amount of people this happens to is insane, over 200k a year in the UK!

Unfortunately, none of this is true
Liquid wealth might not show up on a credit report, but the banks that hold it take it into account.

A wealthy individual who needs finance doesn't hook up retail products off Money Supermarket. They talk to the relationship managers at their banks. Of course the bank takes into account their wealth as part of the assessment.

Liquid wealth might not show up on a credit report, but the banks that hold it take it into account.

A wealthy individual who needs finance doesn't hook up retail products off Money Supermarket. They talk to the relationship managers at their banks. Of course the bank takes into account their wealth as part of the assessment.

From personal experience, they dont.
Well Halifax dont anyway

Not sure about the UK but it matters a huge amount here in the US. A 20 point drop could mean paying 20% more for electricity.

I had good credit in the UK but when I moved here I had to start from scratch. My credit card limit was $750!!!

Happily I’m in good shape but people i know get screwed
if you're poor you have to pay more for basic utilities?
that should be illegal

If it’s affecting your credit score, it’s on you mate. Especially if they’ve given you a default. You’ll struggle to get a mortgage/credit. Give them a ring and ask for the all paperwork, won’t take long to get sorted

The credit agencies can’t remove the default, the only person who can is the data controller of the company who applied it. Best of requesting all the paperwork to see what’s gone on.

did this and found out it was someone i know

only way to sort it is by dobbing them in

tough one but I can’t have my credit score taking a complete battering over it either

Q for someone with a scrap of knowledge on this matter…

I’ve recently found out I am a victim of fraud (someone using a credit card with my details on it for many years, then defaulting on it) - but thankfully both the original company and the collection agency accept that it was fraudulent use. The open default will be gone on 5th July but will the record of this ever happening be completely wiped off my file? Or will it follow me about like a bad stink for x amount of years. Not had much clarity on that from anyone.

Back