What is the secret sauce behind the SMB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And having marvellous fellows like you joining (who support other teams) who come on here to be a part of our crazy board is great (I still remember thee nickname I gave you on one of your first threads, I was trolling you a bit iirc xx ;) :lol:).
Tell you what, I give you and all of the Broads on here credit for managing to stay, integrate and be part of the fabric on such a male dominated board. ;) :D:cool:

As I've said previously, my late brother told me to join as it would be "right up my street" - he wasn't wrong tbh. I started posting after he died, I wish we'd been posting at the same time as we genuinely got on (I miss him). My other brother is on here too but he doesn't post very often (a lot of folks boil his piss I think :lol:), he's one of my besties (we've lived together in the past anarl).
I don't have many friends, my life revolves around the bairn and work - this place has a lot of good folks and some very funny craic (it gives me a bit of escapism / eases the boredom when I'm sitting on my todd).
Well said, LOP
It provides us all with a bit of escapism, and on the whole, the threads and posters are entertaining, funny and friendly, though there are always one or two, exceptions to the rule.
I've been posting on here since 2004, and mainly stick to the PF or SMB forums.
I've made plenty of friends on here down the years, some real, and some internet friends (yourself included) and in the main, it's a great place to post in, with many kind posters, offering help and advice, to those needing help.
There's some great banter and humour on here too, which helps to pass the hours, when there's bot all on the tellybox.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of other football forums I've come across are unreadable messes, adverts all over with terrible lay outs. Lot of thought goes into this one and I reckon the powers that be have got it right with sub forums, politics, cricket, diet and fitness etc etc
The lay out of some forums are an absolute joke.

I can't remember why but there was a thread looking at Boros forum one night and each page was about a mile long. Just scrolling what felt like forever trying to find the comment being talked about.

I think this place is class. I think the community is great. The variations in topics. And some of the funniest crack I've seen has been on here.

I'll never forget that thread about stopping the volcano in Hawaii by putting loads of water on it. I mean.... absolute genius!

Well said, LOP
It provides us all with a bit of escapism, and on the whole, the threads and posters are entertaining, funny and friendly, though there are always one or two, exceptions to the rule.
I've been posting on here since 2004, and mainly stick to the PF or SMB forums.
I've made plenty of friends on here down the years, some real, and some internet friends (yourself included) and in the main, it's a great place to post in, with many kind posters, offering help and advice, to those needing help.
There's some great banter and humour on here too, which helps to pass the hours, when there's bot all on the tellybox.
Thank you my friend, I appreciate it xx 😘 👍 :cool:

The lay out of some forums are an absolute joke.

I can't remember why but there was a thread looking at Boros forum one night and each page was about a mile long. Just scrolling what felt like forever trying to find the comment being talked about.

I think this place is class. I think the community is great. The variations in topics. And some of the funniest crack I've seen has been on here.

I'll never forget that thread about stopping the volcano in Hawaii by putting loads of water on it. I mean.... absolute genius!
Some of the threads have been absolutely immense
The threads about the past experiences that made people laugh at the time are chos. Some of the stories people have all rolled into one thread bring tears of laughter to many faces all over the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back