What is the nearest paranormal experience you've experienced?

Haha, same park mate. I used to spend my days over on Northlands park / field playing footy, As I say, I've never seen it personally but knew of a ghostly figure down there.
Never heard about that and lived a couple of hundred yards away for yrs 😳. Got anymore info on it?

I suspect a lot of these sensations are just created in the mind. You see where there's nothing, hear where silence and feel with no touch. Maybe when we're in a suggestive state the brain can play tricks on us from memories. I'm no scientist that just my take. I've worked in places which were supposedly haunted. I never saw owt but it was often in the back of my mind. I think thats the difference though, I didnt expect to see anything but the believers do.
I unfortunately (because believe me I want to believe) think in the majority of cases this ^^^^ it is sometimes said that some are more receptive, they believe in the first place and in certain situations their mind tells them this is the perfect place/situation/atmosphere foe something paranormal to appear.

This could be described not as receptive but suggestive.

Probably doesn't explain everything like. 👻👻

some folk never see anything paranormal in their lives but others have multiple encounters , maybee they can just observe slightly different frequencies to the majority of folk

My only experience was over 50 yrs ago, I was an altar boy at the local Catholic church. After mass one Sunday, the curate asked me to stay back and help him tidy up the church. It was his last service as he was moving on to a new parish that week, and wanted a photograph of the church to take with him. We locked up, cleared all the pews, lit all the candles, and put all the lights on in the church, and he went up into the organ loft balcony to take his pic. Sorted. I bumped into him about 6 months later, and he told me the photograph came back from the developers showing a man kneeling praying at the altar rails. He sent the film back to the labs saying it had a fault on it, but they developed it again, and said nope, not faulty, whatever was on the photograph was in the place at that time. now I know there was nobody but us 2 in that church that night, so there's no explanation for it. He told the old parish priest about it, and he just laughed, he knew the 'ghost' very well, had seen it many times over the years, and even had a name for him. Spooked me like.

when i was at school one of the lasses in my class was sitting, seemingly,daydreaming doodling on a piece of paper. I asked her what she was up to and she beacame a bit "guarded" and we just dropped the matter.
a few minutes later she told me she'd been "talking" to her dead brother and he'd agreed to talk to me.
Of course i thought "aye reet" and laughed it off but she persisted.
to cut a long story short, i tried it in the end and did end up talking to her brother through automatic writing. being a bit sceptical i tried to think of every possibility surrounding it like forgotten memories being remembered but there were some questions i asked him that i just couldn't have known the answer to. things that had happened the night before when i hadn't even seen the lass. When i checked, the handwriting was exactly the same too. I've no explanation but i know what happened.

incidentally, when i asked him where he was all he would reply was "heaven". when i asked him to describe heaven all he would reply was "good"

Back