What is the nearest paranormal experience you've experienced?

I think the supernatural is a load of old bollocks but about 40 years ago I was talking to my mam in the kitchen and suddenly everything seemed super sharp focus like I had eagle vision. And it was like I'd never heard her voice before. After maybe 15 seconds it all went back to normal.

Years ago, a few weird things happened at my old property over the course of about ten days.

Firstly, the lid of a biscuit tin fell onto the kitchen floor when we were in bed. The rest of the tin was still at the back of the counter.

A few days later a fork fell in the middle of the kitchen when I walked in.

A couple of nights after that, a bookshelf collapsed in the middle of the night. Which give us one hell of a shock 😂

Finally, the night after, both me and the wife heard the distinctive sound of a dinning room chair move on the wood flooring downstairs. I turned the alarm off and went downstairs, no one was there but the chair had slightly moved.

Freaked me out tbh 😂. Funny thing was, after the chair incident nothing ever happened again.

When my Mam took bad in 2000 I had to take over looking after my Grandad who'd just had a stroke. My Mam was in hospital for 8 days before the life support was switched off after a brain hemorrhage, she died at tea time on the thursday.
I went for my pre bedtime check on my Grandad and didn't have the heart or balls to tell him my Mam was gone, totally bottled it.
When I went to bed that night I had a dream of my mam sitting beside me in bed telling me she was ok, and not to worry. I went to my Grandads the next morning and he said "our Ann was here last night" to me, I told him she had died yesterday to which he said "I know, your Mam told me last night".
In bits all these years later typing this out on here.

Walking the dog down Beamish. Lashing down. Had hood up, got poked in the shoulder. My first thought was how did someone get so close to me they could poke me without me realising they were there. No one was there.
Stick falling from tree or bird dropping something from its mouth
When i was about 15 my auntie (who was my mams double) died and about 6 weeks after this I was lying in my bed listening to my Walkman when what my mam tapped me on the arm and said turn that off now its time for sleep, I turned it off and went off to sleep.

Next morning I woke up and went downstairs nobody in the house and about 10 minutes later my mam came in with my dad and I said to her
I wanst asleep last night i was awake listening to my music.

She had no idea what I was talking about so i said you telling me to turn my music off and she said it wasnt her she hadnt stopped at home last night she stopped at her other sisters after they had a few drinks.

Last edited:
Stick falling from tree or bird dropping something from its mouth
No, because it didn't feel like that. It's difficult to describe, but poke yourself slowly and you feel the pressure build up them slowly release. Would expect something falling on you being a much quicker thing.

After that, I noticed a dreamcatcher in a tree, and periodically there's flowers by the tree it's tied on to.

Only thing I genuinely can't see any logical explanation for happened to me at a small park in Chester-le-Street when I was a teenager. Me and a mate walked down a passageway into the park, and as we emerged into the park itself we both clearly saw a glowing, white 'figure' drifting down a path on the far side of the park. I say figure, but there was no features and no walking action to it - it was the height of a person, and had an outline that you could tell was legs, body and head but everything was just bright white, and it just kind of slowly slid down the path without any movement of the figure itself.

We both looked at each other and sprinted out of the park. No idea what it was, but always hope to bump into my mate from then and see what he remembers.

Only thing I genuinely can't see any logical explanation for happened to me at a small park in Chester-le-Street when I was a teenager. Me and a mate walked down a passageway into the park, and as we emerged into the park itself we both clearly saw a glowing, white 'figure' drifting down a path on the far side of the park. I say figure, but there was no features and no walking action to it - it was the height of a person, and had an outline that you could tell was legs, body and head but everything was just bright white, and it just kind of slowly slid down the path without any movement of the figure itself.

We both looked at each other and sprinted out of the park. No idea what it was, but always hope to bump into my mate from then and see what he remembers.
Which park mate, i know of a tale of a white lady at a certain park in C-L-S but never seen it personally.

Back