What is the nearest paranormal experience you've experienced?

My dead mother apparently coming to visit me just a few days after she'd died. I was only 4 1/2, it was probably total bollocks as she's never visited me since.
I had a very similar experience but I was 21 . It wasnt a dream as such as we talked about why she went away but as you say proabbly bollocks as I have dreamed about her since but in proper dreams if you know what I mean :)

In Gran Canaria a little while after my daughter died, holiday was booked before she died but we decided to go and get away from everything( didn’t work) however, I’d been for a walk and was just going through hotel reception when a lady who was checking in stopped what she was doing, ran over and grabbed both my hands and said “ you and ***** will both be ok you know” never seen her before or since but that really freaked me out. Not sure I believe or not but as a previous poster has said I ask the bairn every night to come and see me. Never happened yet.

I was working a night shift around 20 years ago, and I was working alone, in a part of the factory, a late female colleague used to work as a supervisor.

It was in the early hours of the morning, when I got a distinct feeling there was somebody else very near to me, but when I looked around, there was nobody else in that part of the factory.
Suddenly, the area I was working in, was filled with a sweet and very strong scent of perfume, (the same scent my late female colleague always wore at work) yet there was nobody else around.

During my break, I told another workmate, what I'd experienced, and he told me, on a previous occasion when he was working in the same part of the factory, he'd clearly seen her walking through the area and then suddenly disappearing, despite her having passed away, a year or two previously. :eek:
To quote Fox Mulder 'I want to believe'. Your workmate right, if he saw this woman clearly and he is not lying then I don't know how it wouldn't be on his mind 24/7 for the rest of his life.

The usual. Dreaming about dead loved ones and such. And hearing a sigh when no one was there. Hardly paranormal but I guess some would say that it was.

A few years ago I seen my Granda at Durham Big Meeting. He was with the Harraton pit banner and he smiled and waved at me. It really got to me, I tried to get near but of course he wasn’t there. He was just before though. I know he was, in some way.

It's just the usual things like the TV been on a different channel when I've returned to the room but I'm sure it was something natural like the wind or a fly, the other was the glowing red eyes I seen at the top of the stairs in the dark, I know people will say oh that was just two moths with bike reflectors.
2p coins rolling round the floor on their own...stopping..turning and then rolling again without falling over....they came then went out of my bedroom

No word of a lie, I often get extreme de ja vu to the point where I know what will happen in the coming minutes. Once when I was about 6/7 I was on holiday walking across a field in Scotland and got this, I knew that at the end of the field would be a metal gate and a puddle with a frog in it and there was.

Not me but my younger brother. My uncle died in an accident when we were very young.about 5. And 8. My mam took it very hard and was struggling. One night our kid got up in the middle of the night and was stood in my parents bedroom doorway staring at the bottom of the bed . He said he was looking at his uncle surrounded by red flowers looking at my mam and praying..

Nowt.

Ghosts don’t exist.

How come nobody sees a lad in a kappa tracksuit and a cap?

It’s always a monk, Victorian, soldier etc.

If they did exist everyone would see them everywhere, how many people have died in Sunderland over 100s of years never mind the country.

I like watching that Ghost Adventures for a laugh, everything happens just off camera or one of them gets “chills” and that’s “evidence” or the building creaks and it’s “footsteps”. Funny how they all claim to be “converted cynics” rather than fame hungry whoppers.

And as for the daft light up and white noise gadgets they use man, laughable.

They always get a back story of people who died and then miraculously that’s who they “contact”.

Look at that Zac fella man “we want answers” the answers are ghosts don’t exist Zac but you desperately try to prove they do with stick fellas and chills.

Last edited:
To quote Fox Mulder 'I want to believe'. Your workmate right, if he saw this woman clearly and he is not lying then I don't know how it wouldn't be on his mind 24/7 for the rest of his life.
He was a fork lift driver and was only briefly in & out of the area in which he seen the ghost.
He said he was shocked at that time, but he wasn't fearful of going back to the that part of the factory again.

I felt a strong presence around me, very close to where I was working, (the unshakeable feeling you get when you're being watched) but I didn't see anybody else in the part of the building in which I was working.
I immediately recognised the strong smell of perfume which wafted through the building, very shortly afterwards, (Bvlgari Pour Femme) the deceased supervisor used to wear, and only when I was talking to my mate at break time about the smell of perfume, did he mention that he'd seen what he thought was the ghost of the late female supervisor, some weeks earlier.

I suspect a lot of these sensations are just created in the mind. You see where there's nothing, hear where silence and feel with no touch. Maybe when we're in a suggestive state the brain can play tricks on us from memories. I'm no scientist that just my take. I've worked in places which were supposedly haunted. I never saw owt but it was often in the back of my mind. I think thats the difference though, I didnt expect to see anything but the believers do.

There’s a lady from South Hylton now lives in Leeds I think?She is a paranormal investigator who does exorcisms as well I have heard.

Back