What is an 'acceptable' league position at the end of next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

6th, Wembley here we come. Back for our second visit. Must get some pictures to show the mags what the new Wembley looks like.
Mags will play Tottenham there next year ;)
I agree that playoffs would be a good season that we could hopefully build on the season after

I don't think there is a single position that is 'unacceptable'. We could finish with 1 point all season and I'd probably say we done well to get that point. Have people forgot last season already?

I'd say top 8. It will be disappointing if we do miss out on a promotion or play off spot, but there is a lot wrong with the club at the moment. We have no manager, a lot of useless midfield pensioners who contribute little into attack, very short on striking options and very little pace. Perhaps if Khazri stays and Watmore is back then we will see some attacking improvement.

Confidence is some of the lowest I have ever seen. We need someone who can give the whole team a lift and signings who will do that too. After a doom and gloom manager crushing all dressing room spirit, we need the right personality. That is one reason why I'd like someone like Zenden over Pardew. A couple of the right signings could rebuild that team spirit too.

With so much work to do and some tougher competition than the last time we were down there, I think we will be off to a slow start, get better and finish strong. It all depends on who we get in really. 8th with a strong finish would represent the stop of the rot and hopefully give a platform for a title challenge the next season. Obviously I'd love to finish top, and with the right manager I do think that is possible.

I expect the new manager to announce that his aim is automatic promotion. I then expect some sort of positiveness, energy and commitment in our play and a clear demonstration that we are actually going for it. Whether we achieve it who knows but FFS let's actually give it a bloody good go - if we positively try and fail I can live with that. Another year of abject surrender would be an absolute bloody nightmare.

9th favourites for a reason mind. The bookies aren't mags or out to lose money, they are neutral. They'll set the odds as they see fit and realistic and then they will go up or down depending on signings, players leaving and money going on certain teams. At the minute they see us as the 9th most likely for both the title and promotion. So an 'acceptable' position (I'd consider acceptable as one that is OK but could be better) would be somewhere in the top 10. I'd like to think we could mount a playoff challenge though.

A few people are massively overestimating the quality in that division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back