What is an 'acceptable' league position at the end of next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfa

Striker
Difficult I appreciate at this time as we don't have either a manager in place or know the identity of the playing squad!

However, if we say appoint one of the names being touted (McInnes, Pearson) and they clear out most of the mercenaries and bring in a few hungry ambitious players with the money Short releases.

Would top half with evidence of a playing style and entertaining football suffice ? Or

A Leeds like season, impressive in parts, just miss out on the play offs?

Sheffield Wednesday - reach the play offs Or

Must win automatic promotion ?

After this season's debacle I honestly think I'd settle for noticeable progress, a few exciting players and some wins.

When you look at the premier league table now (outside the riches of the top seven) we had been in the division for the longest sustained run of any club. Typical of Sunderlamd that we have failed to progress as a club year on year but we're arguably leaving it in a bigger mess than we were when we were promoted under Keane.

Maybe it's just our time was up.

Difficult I appreciate at this time as we don't have either a manager in place or know the identity of the playing squad!

However, if we say appoint one of the names being touted (McInnes, Pearson) and they clear out most of the mercenaries and bring in a few hungry ambitious players with the money Short releases.

Would top half with evidence of a playing style and entertaining football suffice ? Or

A Leeds like season, impressive in parts, just miss out on the play offs?

Sheffield Wednesday - reach the play offs Or

Must win automatic promotion ?

After this season's debacle I honestly think I'd settle for noticeable progress, a few exciting players and some wins.

When you look at the premier league table now (outside the riches of the top seven) we had been in the division for the longest sustained run of any club. Typical of Sunderlamd that we have failed to progress as a club year on year but we're arguably leaving it in a bigger mess than we were when we were promoted under Keane.

Maybe it's just our time was up.

As things stand at this minute with no money, no manager and this team + everyone looking to jump ship?

Staying up I guess.

Last edited:
6th, Wembley here we come. Back for our second visit. Must get some pictures to show the mags what the new Wembley looks like.

I think we'll change our expectations as the season goes on but I'll be okay with midtable (60-65 points, no flirtation with relegation), delighted with a playoff challenge or playoff spot and ecstatic with anything more...
This.....
I'm under no illusions that this'll be easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back