What is an 'acceptable' league position at the end of next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joint 8th and 9th favourites to win it outright as Wolves (also 9/2) are slightly shorter for the title. Going to be a tough slog.

Also, for those saying 'playoffs' I would imagine 80/90% of those would be expecting to ultimately go on and win those from that position where in reality (and as we know first hand) they are bloody tough and anything can happen. Most wee expecting a Sheff Wed vs Fulham final whereas neither of those made it.

Last edited:
with Short as Owner I'd take mid table, this man is destroying the club. TV revenue and the level of debt is nothing short of a scandal

Last edited:
If we are building a good young squad under a forward looking manager I'd be happy and almost prefer it if we didn't go straight back up. A rebuild takes time and to be thrown back into the cauldron of the Prem makes it much harder.
I'd want to see us up the year after mind....

We'll be one of the best supported clubs down there with some of the best facilities. We, as a club, haven't finished below the 3rd in that league for over 20 years.

Regardless of the rumour mill, we'll still have some moneys to spend and we'll be a big draw in the Championship.

We should be pushing for the playoffs at least.

Anything less than the play offs would be failure. It might not be the players or managers fault but it'd still be a failure.
Erm - the tea lady's fault then? We should be more than capable of challenging for top 6, we might not get there but if we don't it will be 100 % the fault of the players and manager.

We've never finished lower than 3rd in the 2nd tier since Reidy (last 7 games to stay up) Top 2 has to be aim. Top 6 minimum. But Ellis won't allow investment so staying up will be the target.

He keeps looking for shoe string managers but what he doesn't realise we still need a decent base to build on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back