What games are you currently playing?

My spate of playing paused when you started. :lol: How are you getting on with it?

When life gets a bit less mental I'll fire it up again.
:lol: fair enough. Getting on much better now, takes a while to get into it, and learning all the time. Still not sure what nodes are like, even though I've read about them. I just keep to rifleman and hope I join a squad that is talking.

Everytime i join a server, I check the commanders rating or whether there is even a commander, and when joining a squad I check whether there is an OP. Takes me ages to find a decent server sometimes like.

:lol: fair enough. Getting on much better now, takes a while to get into it, and learning all the time. Still not sure what nodes are like, even though I've read about them. I just keep to rifleman and hope I join a squad that is talking.

Everytime i join a server, I check the commanders rating or whether there is even a commander, and when joining a squad I check whether there is an OP. Takes me ages to find a decent server sometimes like.
Nodes are things engineers build that provide resources to the commander - Manpower, Munitions, Fuel - that they can spend on abilities. If you want to level up wuick, go in as engineer and build nodes at the start of a game and you get XP/min they stay up.

You're at the stage I was when I leaped to squad leader - no talking? No outposts? Set up your own squad and do it yourself.

It takes some server hopping for a good game, but it's worth it. Commanding a Soviet defence of Kursk with my Dad leading a tank squad is one of my all time great gaming memories.

Nodes are things engineers build that provide resources to the commander - Manpower, Munitions, Fuel - that they can spend on abilities. If you want to level up wuick, go in as engineer and build nodes at the start of a game and you get XP/min they stay up.

You're at the stage I was when I leaped to squad leader - no talking? No outposts? Set up your own squad and do it yourself.

It takes some server hopping for a good game, but it's worth it. Commanding a Soviet defence of Kursk with my Dad leading a tank squad is one of my all time great gaming memories.
Yes, after a game last night, starting to understand nodes better now. Does it matter where they are built? Such as are they are okay at HQ compared to the higher up near the objective?

Yeah ended up being squad leader last night, when squad leader left. I just don't like any responsibility in this game, quite happy running along following commands. Did build a canny OP in the objective in warfare, which helped win the game. Although in this game the commander wasn't on chat ffs.

Never been in a tank squad.

Yes, after a game last night, starting to understand nodes better now. Does it matter where they are built? Such as are they are okay at HQ compared to the higher up near the objective?

Yeah ended up being squad leader last night, when squad leader left. I just don't like any responsibility in this game, quite happy running along following commands. Did build a canny OP in the objective in warfare, which helped win the game. Although in this game the commander wasn't on chat ffs.

Never been in a tank squad.
You get the same rate of return so put them somewhere safe.

Well done! Squad lead and command remain my favourite roles.

I've done it with my Dad, and it's alright, but I can't get away with it bar spotting. My dad will only ever tank though, and hates infantry roles.

Started Mass Effect 1 up from the Legendary Edition after playing for a few hours when it came out before putting it down. Starting to become quite interesting.

You get the same rate of return so put them somewhere safe.

Well done! Squad lead and command remain my favourite roles.

I've done it with my Dad, and it's alright, but I can't get away with it bar spotting. My dad will only ever tank though, and hates infantry roles.
Champion, will jump on as Engineer to start off with and keep swapping with support and build some nodes.

Don't think I could play commander, far to much responsibility and pressure.

Slowly plodding my way through snowrunner and just started warhammer battlesector
I downloaded mudrunner from ps plus a while back. played an hour or so but still don't know if I like it or not. seems like a game where if you get into it ya could get hooked. might dip in now and again to do a mission and see what happens

I downloaded mudrunner from ps plus a while back. played an hour or so but still don't know if I like it or not. seems like a game where if you get into it ya could get hooked. might dip in now and again to do a mission and see what happens
I'm really enjoying snowrunner, I plan to play for a hour, next thing I know I've lost 3 or 4. It's definitely one of those games once it clicks with you you'll love it

I'm really enjoying snowrunner, I plan to play for a hour, next thing I know I've lost 3 or 4. It's definitely one of those games once it clicks with you you'll love it
I was thinking I could get into it as I loved Death Stranding which was basically go from point A to B game, although there's more story in that.

I was thinking I could get into it as I loved Death Stranding which was basically go from point A to B game, although there's more story in that.

I don’t mind a slow paced game but that was just a bit too slow for me. Just couldn’t finish it. Might go back to it one day when I’ve got nowt else but I’m not in a hurry. Think I’m still in the middle of a random field somewhere!

I don’t mind a slow paced game but that was just a bit too slow for me. Just couldn’t finish it. Might go back to it one day when I’ve got nowt else but I’m not in a hurry. Think I’m still in the middle of a random field somewhere!
They've added a few extra travel options in the Directors Cut but I believe it's basically the same game more or less

Yeah same, although the game is so much better when people are communicating. I often find myself jumping between squads to find a squad talking. Also joined a discord group recently to find more players who chat.

You on PS5 or xbox. Can add you as friend.

Been keeping on eye out for you playing to join your squad, but never seen ya on.
On xbox x but name is bucknut2000 you can add as a team 21 friend

Brilliant Mass Effect like. Off work for two weeks so I've hammered it the last two days. Think I've done two main missions in 12 hours of play. Running about the citadel doing busy work and flying to random planets to have a look.

On xbox x but name is bucknut2000 you can add as a team 21 friend
Think I need the name with the # details as well
Brilliant Mass Effect like. Off work for two weeks so I've hammered it the last two days. Think I've done two main missions in 12 hours of play. Running about the citadel doing busy work and flying to random planets to have a look.
Has it been upgraded for the PS5? Used to love them games

Last edited:

Back