What does Dodds need to do to earn the job?

A statement issued by the Club said...

I think you've completely misread the room there mind.

He's loved by the players, Can dish out a telling off without anyone chucking a huff and is for the KLD/Speakman regime.

He's helping us all out by not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire at this stage of the season. Otherwise I suspect we'd be after a manger and a coach come May.

He should get a free pass by everyone and the club needs to recruit the correct manager for the summer

😉

Think he will get it if we reach play off finals. Maybe playoffs. He deserves it if we do.

Of course knowing our lot he will get us promoted and they'll replace him with some Italian youth coach.

Might work well for him if we get a
" thank god he's gone" bounce.
He knows these lads better than anyone. Many are saying. "a free hit " to the end of season.
Somehow, i dont think hes keen to take the role but get us to playoffs and who knows? Good luck to him .

Top half would be a success. We’re in free fall and we’ve got some really tough games left. We’re not challenging top 6 far from it.

Unrealistic expectation from the board and fans in part have got us to where we’re at. We won’t pay top dollar for managers or players we’re always going to fall away. Last year was a one off for many reasons it won’t happy again with the same budget or philosophy.

Top half would be a success. We’re in free fall and we’ve got some really tough games left. We’re not challenging top 6 far from it.

Unrealistic expectation from the board and fans in part have got us to where we’re at. We won’t pay top dollar for managers or players we’re always going to fall away. Last year was a one off for many reasons it won’t happy again with the same budget or philosophy.

And fans?

It was the DOF that said we wanted better than the play offs.

So if Dodds is happy being a coach and doesn’t want top job or assistant top job full time surely that shows they never saw Beale being here long term?

No circumstances he should get the job of our size
It’s clear Beale was disliked so bad there will most certainly be positive reaction in the short term from the players, it’s almost irrelevant who coach will be

People shouldn’t get sucked in if there’s short term improvement
Different kettle of fish if he was main man long term , man managing the players and squad etc

It’s a hard job ours make no mistake quite simply he’s under qualified for it

I think Dodds would be better off seeing out the rest of this season and going to maybe leage 1 as a manager to get some experience
There's no money there. Can't see him voluntarily diving into the mire, which could quickly become worse and into the oblivion of Lg 2... never to return... (and all to the background noise of tosspots in the crowds with drums) 😫

He’s fighting for his job in my view. It’s shit or bust. If he does well they’ll keep him as head coach. If he doesn’t then they’ll be forced to bring in somebody with their own back room staff.

Dodds and Beale didn’t work. I can’t see him stepping back and working with another head coach.

He’s got 5 more games than Beale.
This is probably the truth of it. Jobe likely gone in the summer anyways.

He’s fighting for his job in my view. It’s shit or bust. If he does well they’ll keep him as head coach. If he doesn’t then they’ll be forced to bring in somebody with their own back room staff.

Dodds and Beale didn’t work. I can’t see him stepping back and working with another head coach.

He’s got 5 more games than Beale.
Nah...unless Speakman goes Dodds will be a constant.

Rightly or wrongly, he has a free hit with these next 13 games.

I think he’d have to do better than where we finished and the outcome of last season. We know the club wanted Mogga gone despite where he finished and it was more down to the fans that he lasted beyond the summer. Although it probably comes down to Speakman and whether he wants to keep him on as manager.

Back