What a shit game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign of a great team

Been shite but winning

Would the op be happy losing 6-7 every game
Looked like a cracking game for the neutrals going by the highlights. We hit the bar a few times and a post, they hit the bar twice iirc. We were attacking most of the game and should have scored 3 or 4, they could have snatched a point at the death.. but... we hung on.

Some fuckers are never happy man. They moan even when we win. :rolleyes:

We're grinding out wins and have lost 1 all season. What more can you ask for. We've been excellent.

When we kept the ball on the floor we played some class football imo. Hit the woodwork 3(?) times. Had many chances to score more, we could have been 4 or 5 up. I don't think they had any half decent chance other than the goal and the chance at the end and they were from silly errors.

Thought the way we played looked very promising. Each to their own though.
Free header at 0-0 which they should of scored.

Our lot are knackered. The squad is too small and lacks quality in some areas.

Other rival clubs will have the same problems. We have all played a similar number of games. Pompey might be a good example.

Our recent knowledge as fans is coloured by pampered Prem experience where a broken fingernails is a catastrophe.

Our lot need two things in this respect. Firstly, 100% support, but also some fresh players for the run in. As fans we can do the former.

Or squad is f***ing huge, in no way shape or form is it small we've got 2 players for every position and in some we have 3

And yet people moaned after those games. We were lucky IIRC.

We are doing just fine.

We keep grinding out results, we are more than good enough for this league, it's just proving to be hard work at times. My worry is the overhaul we'll need once we go up rather than what we've got this season

We keep grinding out results, we are more than good enough for this league, it's just proving to be hard work at times. My worry is the overhaul we'll need once we go up rather than what we've got this season

Yes I agree. This season is a slog. We can't play great football all the time, but we know how to win.

I honestly think in this league now after watching enough of the games it’s about results only. The quality overall is piss poor, the grounds away from home are in general shite. We need to get out of it ASAP in order to really start to rebuild the team, and so far we are looking good.

When we keep the ball on the deck, we move it around beautifully at times. Not always as incisively as I'd like but slick nevertheless. When we start lumping it forward our minute midfield is in an immediate battle for the second ball where we often get overwhelmed and pressure is back on.

A quick look at the table shows us just 5 points off the top team with them to play next, a better GD, two games in hand and Shrewsbury and Bradford at home coming up.
We've got to be happy with this !

Can't really argue with the results but I agree that the performances lack a bit of sparkle

This, and just launching the ball towards a striker who can't hold it up is daft and puts us under often immediate pressure. Keeping it on the deck helps as would a CH who can pass the ball around.

Can't complain overall though. Sparkling football would be icing on the cake.

I disagree. From kick off we were knocking it round like a higher league club. Up until they scored we looked excellent imo. I think the defence is the only shaky part of the team. A quality leader will sort the defence out instantly imo. Only position that needs looked at

The vast majority of teams come to us and their game plan is to stop us passing and playing.
Barnsley tried to play football and were three down within 30 mins
We have third division players, we are not PSG.
The other team in the league has to deal with this. No disrespect to any other team in this league but we are by far and away the biggest club in this division and every team raises their game when they play us. Technically we have better players but we can struggle when teams turn it into a battle. If a team fancies a game of football we will batter them so they have to turn it into a scrap.

When we keep the ball on the deck, we move it around beautifully at times. Not always as incisively as I'd like but slick nevertheless. When we start lumping it forward our minute midfield is in an immediate battle for the second ball where we often get overwhelmed and pressure is back on.

A quick look at the table shows us just 5 points off the top team with them to play next, a better GD, two games in hand and Shrewsbury and Bradford at home coming up.
We've got to be happy with this !
I certainly am mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back