What’s West Boldon Like?

Lived on st George's terrace until last year, and east boldon is a lovely place to live, 2 nice little parks and nice schools for the kids, very quite mind(sorry that's east boldon)
Loved in west boldon for 10 year and to be honest the people were nicer than down in east boldon, only a miles difference but definitely a difference in the way people see the world

Last edited:
Good luck with the house and bairn 👍
There’s a butchers I used to call in for excellent sausages, Boldon Bangers ?
It’s got to be an improvement on Peterlee marra.

Back in the day when I lived there, East Boldon was predominantly Sunderland, West Boldon a mix of both but the Colliery was predominantly Mag .
Still is in my experience. My now wife lived there when we got together so spent a fair bit of time through and in the pubs. Been in the pubs when the skunks were live on tele playing away and there was pretty much nobody in watching, was as if there wasn’t a match on. Still drive through a lot to and from the coast and only ever seem to see SAFC clothing on display, even in West tbh. Colliery I’m less familiar with.
B

Best Me to it !! As the crow flies it’s about 600 yards. Same as east boldon with redhouse.
And yet the difference in accent is massive. :)

Is there mags in boldon like? This is what I’m sick of. Earlier I was laid on my bed with the window open and all I could here was there fans in the ground. Does my head in hearing that on their match days
The metro at Boldon is packed when the mags play at home like. You get a few in Beggars Bridge but it's shit in there anyway.
If I get this house that will be my local
Black Horse for food, Red Lion for a drink, Weatsheaf for a fight.

Last edited:
The metro at Boldon is packed when the mags play at home like. You get a few in Beggars Bridge but it's shit in there anyway.

Black Horse for food, Red Lion for a drink, Weatsheaf for a fight.
Would you not say the Red Lion for food as well? Never had a bad meal in there, do a canny Sunday dinner as well. One of the nicest black puddings I’ve ever had in my life was in there (was a starter before main meal served with peppercorn sauce). For some reason never considered the Black Horse for bait, always got the impression it looked more like a drinkers pub.

Used to live there, good options for pubs in Bowldon. The Wheatsheef is the Sunderland MLF boozer. Always remember a bloke in with a walking stick in there who absolutely hated the mags, he was the angriest man I think I’ve ever seen.

I lived on Hardie Drive, was nice enough but there was a couple of big police incidents there one death and big drugs bust in Owen drive, Apart from that ( 😂 ) I liked living there.
I don’t fancy anywhere ower quiet as I’ve been in London for 40+ years marra so it sounds reet up my strausse. I’ll stick it on the list of possible retirement options.

I don’t fancy anywhere ower quiet as I’ve been in London for 40+ years marra so it sounds reet up my strausse. I’ll stick it on the list of possible retirement options.

The houses seemed solid 60’s builds but one thing I’d check in that estate around the primary school, black horse etc is subsidence. Mine had it on three sides of the building, which took a decent chunk off the asking price when selling up.

Some of the colliery dwellers like to say they live in west boldon.

Family own one of the farms in Newcastle road.
Its sound to be fair.

Used to live there, good options for pubs in Bowldon. The Wheatsheef is the Sunderland MLF boozer. Always remember a bloke in with a walking stick in there who absolutely hated the mags, he was the angriest man I think I’ve ever seen.

I lived on Hardie Drive, was nice enough but there was a couple of big police incidents there one death and big drugs bust in Owen drive, Apart from that ( 😂 ) I liked living there.
I used to drink there 50 years ago . We used to walk over from Redouse . We thought the blart might be a bit better over there . Nivver found out .

Boldon has a really good veterinary practise just for the dogs there. Couple of times I’ve been in with mine they’ve been fantastic and put other places to shame. Willows vets near asda.

Back