What’s West Boldon Like?

I’ve got to wait till 7pm tomorrow night to find out if I have the place. I’ve just looked at my file and I’ve been in to buy 17 houses. Most of them in Roker.
Was in Seaburn and Roker yesterday with the Mrs and the dog. Rounded the afternoon off with an outrageously good Focaccia sandwich from Cole Kitchen. Particularly love those old houses on Park Parade, must be a great place to live. Good luck.

Was in Seaburn and Roker yesterday with the Mrs and the dog. Rounded the afternoon off with an outrageously good Focaccia sandwich from Cole Kitchen. Particularly love those old houses on Park Parade, must be a great place to live.
Thanks mate. I’m sold. I live in jesmond at the minute. I’m sick of it here

Thanks mate. I’m sold. I live in jesmond at the minute. I’m sick of it here
Still been getting my haircut in Jesmond, that was at least until this very week. Instead I booked in and went to Todds Chop Shop on Whiteleas Est South Shields, so glad I did. New lease of life with the new haircut. Can highly recommend if you're looking for somewhere local for barbering requirements.

Still been getting my haircut in Jesmond, that was at least until this very week. Instead I booked in and went to Todds Chop Shop on Whiteleas Est South Shields, so glad I did. New lease of life with the new haircut. Can highly recommend if you're looking for somewhere local for barbering requirements.
It’s a nice place to live but a selfish place to bring up my baby

The p
Used to live there, good options for pubs in Bowldon. The Wheatsheef is the Sunderland MLF boozer. Always remember a bloke in with a walking stick in there who absolutely hated the mags, he was the angriest man I think I’ve ever seen.

I lived on Hardie Drive, was nice enough but there was a couple of big police incidents there one death and big drugs bust in Owen drive, Apart from that ( 😂 ) I liked living there.
Thanks for taking the time to post
I love it, lovely area. Black Horse is a great pub/restaurant and so is Red lion. I live In east boldon so only a short walk away if you wanted to go to other pubs but personally I reckon west boldon is best for pubs. Lovely houses, good transport links, Close to the coast too if thats your thing and also loads of places to walk your dog if you have one. People are great, not many chavs around.
Thanks mate. Appreciate your post.

Last edited:
Some nice houses and pubs but unfortunately within walking distance of east Boldon, whilst on shift work at nissan used to often see the crackheads on the rob from the Charles street area on their nightly commute to west boldon. Also Don jolene of the north east food mafia is a regular of the red lion if that's your thing.

Got taken to meet family in Boldon when I was a bairn.
They were all Mags.
Never been back.😁
I had family on Boldon Colliery as a kid, think I got taken there as an example of what the modern world looked like.

Must be insular folk to keep separating themselves from their family and neighbours, Boldon, West Boldon, East Boldon and Boldon Colliery.

East Bolden even stole Bolden Colliery's train station and I bet even Cleadon was a Boldon until they cut the crusts off their sandwiches.

I had family on Boldon Colliery as a kid, think I got taken there as an example of what the modern world looked like.

Must be insular folk to keep separating themselves from their family and neighbours, Boldon, West Boldon, East Boldon and Boldon Colliery.

East Bolden even stole Bolden Colliery's train station and I bet even Cleadon was a Boldon until they cut the crusts off their sandwiches.
That was Brockley Whins.

Lot of people seem to be mentioning the pubs in East Boldon on this thread rather than West, although you can probably walk it in 20-30 mins. West Boldon is canny from my experience, not as quaint as East but a nice area. Red Lion is a class pub, either for a cosy drink in the front room in winter or for bait.

For your food shop I would strongly recommend choosing somewhere other than the Asda more towards the colliery. Absolute hellhole of a place that for some reason.

I got beaten up by 3 mags in the 1970's behind Binns outside the Train Station, they also beat up a Transport Policeman. Luckily the police caught one of them and gave him a good kicking, he was from Boldon.

I got beaten up by 3 mags in the 1970's behind Binns outside the Train Station, they also beat up a Transport Policeman. Luckily the police caught one of them and gave him a good kicking, he was front

Back in the day when I lived there, East Boldon was predominantly Sunderland, West Boldon a mix of both but the Colliery was predominantly Mag .

Back