Wetherspoons

probably gonna wind my neck in given i’ve been in an unnamed local pub (rough village near a backwater county durham town) and been charged £4.40 for a pint of Moretti :lol:

f•cking crackers that. £2.50 for a cheese toastie n’all :lol:

Some places are really taking the piss now in their bid to recoup a years worth of profits. :rolleyes:
That's what it costs in my local the punchbowl at craghead next village over is 4 quid in the garage nar and bistro. Spend a f***ing fortune when I take my son out for a few

Most of them are big enough to have one door for entering and a different one for leaving as well.

I visited a very nice cafe in the countryside this week, at the end of a ‘rail trail’ walk. It was all set up correctly. Good signage. Not confusing. Distanced queue to order, hand gel, masks worn, one door in, arrows to the clearly marked out door once order completed.

Every fucker but me insisted on squeezing past the other people waiting near the ‘in’ door to exit the building. Even after they’d seen me go through the ‘out’ door, the people behind me still ignored the signs.

Later, in the outdoor area, eating our scones and drinking our tea the overheard conversations were all about how very inconvenient all this social distancing lark was.

That's what it costs in my local the punchbowl at craghead next village over is 4 quid in the garage nar and bistro. Spend a f***ing fortune when I take my son out for a few
Not many places you will get change from 4 quid for Moretti these days. Think I paid £3.80 for one last summer in Ryhope but that's about as cheap as it gets.

£4,40 for a pint in Craghead. f***ing hell
Spoons are going to clean up even more if the normal boozers are hiking prices like. I think spoons are still about 2 quid a pint for the cooking lager and ales.
These local style boozers either wont learn or dont want to learn.

city centres and busy “bars” fair enough. But bang average local style boozers in north east towns and ex pit villages charging nearly a fiver a pint is ridiculous. Esp when you see how cheap spoons is and how cheap supermarket booze is (even premium lager is well under a quid a bottle now on offer usually).

Last edited:
It’s about £6 for a main meal in spoons though.
Went in spoons at Hillsborough Tuesday,ordered a steak with a pint for £9'99 all I got was steak and a few chips.When I asked the serving wench about the rest of the food to go with it she said that was the premium steak at £11'49 which used to be £9'99 before lockdown started.

Went in spoons at Hillsborough Tuesday,ordered a steak with a pint for £9'99 all I got was steak and a few chips.When I asked the serving wench about the rest of the food to go with it she said that was the premium steak at £11'49 which used to be £9'99 before lockdown started.
They have deffo upped their prices like. But as said, so have random pubs and bars and eateries.

Back