Wetherspoons

Went in spoons at Hillsborough Tuesday,ordered a steak with a pint for £9'99 all I got was steak and a few chips.When I asked the serving wench about the rest of the food to go with it she said that was the premium steak at £11'49 which used to be £9'99 before lockdown started.

Don't think that I would trust a steak at Spoons as you are sure to be disappointed but their burgers are usually reliably OK.

Been in Spoons at Concord today. Excellent service, plenty of fresh air, just hard core drinkers and cheap beer No beer snobs or wine sippers with their little finger in the air, swilling the wine around in wine glass and making out they're some sort of connoisseur.

Pleasant relaxing afternoon without any hoorays!

You were in Washington, Tyne and Wear mate…..what did you expect ?

I popped in the Spoons down the Guildhall last Monday. It was only for a quick piss like while I was passing. Adherence to Covid guidelines was non-existent mind. Didn't even have to scan/sign in.

I'm up in Oban for a couple of days ,called to spoons down at the harbour 19_40 and it was shut due to staff shortages.It's like being back in the dark ages up here wearing dust masks ,scanning in and waiting for a table .

I'm up in Oban for a couple of days ,called to spoons down at the harbour 19_40 and it was shut due to staff shortages.It's like being back in the dark ages up here wearing dust masks ,scanning in and waiting for a table .
It's really sad what they have done psychologically to small communities

I popped in the Spoons down the Guildhall last Monday. It was only for a quick piss like while I was passing. Adherence to Covid guidelines was non-existent mind. Didn't even have to scan/sign in.

Spoons is for scratters like - if you don't agree you're a scratter - soss but true.

You should have gone to The Oban Inn
[Caught an early ferry back from craignure after being up to tobermorey, What a one horse town that is.Called into markie dans, pretty civilised pub .will be calling tomorrow night .Pub am in now,Lorne Bar pretty decent
Spoons is for scratters like - if you don't agree you're a scratter - soss but true.
Ok I'm a scratter.bet about 90% on this message board have visited a spoons once or twice

Last edited:

Back