Wetherspoons

Suppose they could close the bar to customers using it and do table service with your meal

Most of them are big enough to have one door for entering and a different one for leaving as well. If it's completely thought out and is only implemented after government approval then it's not much of an issue. If it's just words to get them open and they don't action their plans because "it doesn't spread in pubs" or if they do it when the government has not yet opened that part of the economy then that would be a concern.

Most of them are big enough to have one door for entering and a different one for leaving as well. If it's completely thought out and is only implemented after government approval then it's not much of an issue. If it's just words to get them open and they don't action their plans because "it doesn't spread in pubs" or if they do it when the government has not yet opened that part of the economy then that would be a concern.
make it table service only n'all and have someone on the door controlling it and its probably doable in a lot of their premises tbh

Spanish are looking at 30% capacity in bars by roughly the same time. So maybe not as far fetched as it sounds. The problem for me is it shouldn't be one rule for one and one rule for another. Wetherspoons have already contributed towards killing local pubs so why should they be allowed to capitalise?

Spanish are looking at 30% capacity in bars by roughly the same time. So maybe not as far fetched as it sounds. The problem for me is it shouldn't be one rule for one and one rule for another. Wetherspoons have already contributed towards killing local pubs so why should they be allowed to capitalise?
Spain are further ahead than us though and have had a stricter lockdown

I dont think any pubs or restaurants will be allowed to open without government standards having been announced personally. If you have all these standards everywhere else but not in one area it's all completely pointless.

Spain are further ahead than us though and have had a stricter lockdown

I dont think any pubs or restaurants will be allowed to open without government standards having been announced personally. If you have all these standards everywhere else but not in one area it's all completely pointless.
If they've had a stricter lockdown would that not mean there's as much chance of us partially opening pubs too? Surely we've had a more relaxed attitude if that's the case? Mind personal opinion is that it won't happen as soon as June .

Back